Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In traffic going 3mph due to an accident couple miles up...

Song (Bluetooth) locked up and kept make a buzz. Was on Navigation screen, it didn't move, nothing worked at all on screen.

I tapped the POWER button a few times, finally shut off and rebooted.

2nd time this has happened.

Its a good car, but definitely has more bugs than a bait store.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had something similar happen once... Sitting at a stop light streaming music from my phone and it started skipping. Nothing on the touch screen would work. After about a minute the system rebooted and I haven't had anything like that happen since.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Im not saying its normal, but I kinda look at it like its similar to cell phone which can lock up on ocassions.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had Nav essentially lock up the touch screen, although it would do some things - eventually. The lag was horrible, and trying to clear the destination or set a new one took hours. It cleared up after I parked it over night. Radio functions had been working fine, climate functions appeared to work, but I didn't actually feel a change.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it matters, this is a week after getting new ACM for dead battery issue.

Also happened PRIOR to ACM replacement.

·
Registered
481 Posts
happened once to me also listening to music from a USB stick

·
Registered
451 Posts
Never locked up here with 2 years of ownership. However, I have a non-NAV unit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Happens to mine once in a while. Quick fix is the reboot key sequence (like doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del on a Windows computer).
If you have the Sony sound system, press and hold together the right side of the Seek button (>>) AND the Radio Power button (in the center) and KEEP holding both for about 10 seconds.
The center screen will then go black and you can release the both buttons. The Ford logo will appear and the system will reboot.

You can do this while driving (just be careful when taking your eyes off the road to find the two buttons, one hand can do it ).

If your clock is set for daylight savings (ahead one hour) you will have to reset that after the reboot.

Makes the Infotainment system run better after the reboot. Think of shutting car off and opening door as putting a computer to sleep; whereas, the procedure above is a reboot (clicking restart/reboot on a computer). A reboot is always good once in a while.

~~Russ.

·
Registered
471 Posts
When its hot outside mine will stop working lol
Energy Saving Mode Activated!
(feature borrowed from Tesla?)

Guess my base "non-touch screen" audio will not have this problem.

I do remember my S550 Premium Mustang GT having similar issues with the touch screen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Happens to mine once in a while. Quick fix is the reboot key sequence (like doing a Ctrl-Alt-Del on a Windows computer).
If you have the Sony sound system, press and hold together the right side of the Seek button (>>) AND the Radio Power button (in the center) and KEEP holding both for about 10 seconds.
The center screen will then go black and you can release the both buttons. The Ford logo will appear and the system will reboot.

You can do this while driving (just be careful when taking your eyes off the road to find the two buttons, one hand can do it ).

If your clock is set for daylight savings (ahead one hour) you will have to reset that after the reboot.

Makes the Infotainment system run better after the reboot. Think of shutting car off and opening door as putting a computer to sleep; whereas, the procedure above is a reboot (clicking restart/reboot on a computer). A reboot is always good once in a while.

~~Russ.

Never knew about this. Does it reset all settings to default? Does it remove all connected Bluetooth devices, Ambient light colors, Sound Settings, etc? Or just the Clock settings?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wait... Here's a thought.

TK.. Do you have the Ford Alexa app installed on your phone? The one that allows you to integrate alexa into your voice commands

·
Registered
55 Posts
Never knew about this. Does it reset all settings to default? Does it remove all connected Bluetooth devices, Ambient light colors, Sound Settings, etc? Or just the Clock settings?

sorry for the delay in responding... I don't get on this board much.

No, the other settings all stay. But for some reason the clock resets. Other than that all settings stay.

~~Russ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts