Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

As the title says, I’ve bought these brand new dunlops about 4 months ago and because of how amazing our roads are, I noticed today that I’ve got this crack. How bad is this? What speed shouldn’t I go? Any additional info and advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
890 Posts
As the title says, I’ve bought these brand new dunlops about 4 months ago and because of how amazing our roads are, I noticed today that I’ve got this crack. How bad is this? What speed shouldn’t I go? Any additional info and advice is appreciated.
Hi Botani. Something partially penetrated and slit the tread. I would recommend you go to the tire shop that mounted and installed the tires and speak to them about this.

If I recall correctly, you have pretty high temperatures where you live and like to drive at high speeds? Tire damage is nothing to fool around with, and getting random advice from anonymous Internet strangers (including me) is not the best way to protect your safety. We can not inspect it, determine how deep that cut is, etc. etc.
Therefore, it would be best for you to have a tire shop inspect and advise you on whether that tire is safe to drive on, or if it needs replacement.

Perhaps that set of tires even has some sort of Road Hazard Warranty?

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Botani. Something partially penetrated and slit the tread. I would recommend you go to the tire shop that mounted and installed the tires and speak to them about this.

If I recall correctly, you have pretty high temperatures where you live and like to drive at high speeds? Tire damage is nothing to fool around with, and getting random advice from anonymous Internet strangers (including me) is not the best way to protect your safety. We can not inspect it, determine how deep that cut is, etc. etc.
Therefore, it would be best for you to have a tire shop inspect and advise you on whether that tire is safe to drive on, or if it needs replacement.

Perhaps that set of tires even has some sort of Road Hazard Warranty?

Hi brother, thanks for the response.
Yes we do have high temperatures as high as 50°C in the summers and the roads can be really bad. Also yes, I do like to drive in high speeds and I usually do. I did a top speed run recently and hit 255kmh (160mph) (In a safe empty freeway, checked my tires and they are rated at 270kmh, so that’s good). Either way, I will go to a tire shop this weekend and refrain myself from driving at high speeds until then. I will update here.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I agree that is a cut, not a crack. It's in a really bad spot to attempt any kind of fix (although honestly,
I think it is beyond fixing, being both large and deep). If you don't have it, I would get roadside coverage
on the next tire (and all your future tires) if you roads and/or environment are that bad.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
W
I agree that is a cut, not a crack. It's in a really bad spot to attempt any kind of fix (although honestly,
I think it is beyond fixing, being both large and deep). If you don't have it, I would get roadside coverage
on the next tire (and all your future tires) if you roads and/or environment are that bad.
We don’t have any sort of tire warranty over here unfortunately :( you buy tires and that’s it, the rest is all under your hands.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any warranty with Dunlop?
After 4 months it is not normal.
How many miles have you put on them?
I bought these tires from an unauthorized dealer. We don’t have Official Dunlop branches.
I think I’ve put about 3500 miles on them. Roughly.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I bought these tires from an unauthorized dealer. We don’t have Official Dunlop branches.
I think I’ve put about 3500 miles on them. Roughly.
Hi Botani. That is a cut from a road hazard/debris, not a manufacturing and/or material defect. Therefore, it would not be covered under a normal tire manufacturers warranty anyway.

It may have been covered if the seller provided some type of road hazard warranty, but it sounds as though you do not have that either.

In the meantime, I would strong recommend you do not drive that car/tire at high speeds until a qualified/professional tire shop inspects that tire.

Let us know what you are told, and good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Botani. That is a cut from a road hazard/debris, not a manufacturing and.or material defect. Therefore, it would not be covered under a normal tire manufacturers warranty anyway.

It may have been covered if the seller provided some type of road hazard warranty, but it sounds as though you do not have that either.

In the meantime, I would strong recommend you do not drive that car/tire at high speeds until a qualified/professional tire shop inspects that tire.

Let us know what you are told, and good luck.
I will be going tomorrow. I will have a full inspection on all 4 tires. Fingers crossed, boys.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I will be going tomorrow. I will have a full inspection on all 4 tires. Fingers crossed, boys.
Hi Botani. Good. And you never know...Perhaps they will be able to swing some sort of fuzzy/back door warranty coverage for you. Never hurts to hope.

Reactions: Botani
1 - 11 of 11 Posts