Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find any discussions about tire pressures. Ford posts 39/39 on the door jamb. Does anyone have any information about other pressures utilized ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think tire pressure is as important as the EPA says it is. They made TPMS mandatory. Keep em hard, you will get slightly better mileage. Too hard they wear funny. Too soft and you notice handling and they squeal. I have 225/50/18's on now 40lbs at 45 degrees, right now at 8 below they are about 34 lbs.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have mine at 44-45psi at about 55 degrees F. Down below 40psi they just felt too mushy...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine were all cool at around 38 or so but got really cold dropped to 31 - 32 got to add now cuz dam light came on.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lol mine float from 42 to 40 depending on if it's sunny

·
Registered
118 Posts
What exactly is "weather" you guys keep talking about?

·
Registered
118 Posts
when i wake up and my house is 60, that's COLD!!!!

*wink*

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
296 Posts
Where you from TK ? Over here in Cleveland it's anywhere from -5 to 30 with a lot of snow this past week.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
Over here in Cleveland it's anywhere from -5 to 30 with a lot of snow this past week.
Here in CT, Sunday it was 18 degrees (and snow), Monday was 58, Tuesday was 4. Gotta love this east-coast weather!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I don't feel this thread should die so soon! In most places it's not winter anymore =P

Just last week we had a few 40-50 degree days here in NY. I had my cold tire pressure around 40-41. After driving, seems the TPMS system recorded the pressure around 44-45.

Now it's reached the 80's and I got upwards to almost 50 psi (warm). Anyone think approaching 50 is too much for warm tire pressure?

Going to be going down again to 50-60's next week apparently

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rule of thumb is that the tire pressure will change 1 psi for every 10 degree (F) change in temperature. We may not notice the difference in handling but NASCAR does. They make adjustments in 1/2 psi in individual tires.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't feel this thread should die so soon! In most places it's not winter anymore =P

Just last week we had a few 40-50 degree days here in NY. I had my cold tire pressure around 40-41. After driving, seems the TPMS system recorded the pressure around 44-45.

Now it's reached the 80's and I got upwards to almost 50 psi (warm). Anyone think approaching 50 is too much for warm tire pressure?

Going to be going down again to 50-60's next week apparently
wayyy wayyy to high. You also want to keep them at the proper PSI for wearing purposes, at 50 the center is going to wear way before the sides.

Reactions: bigblueshock

·
Registered
451 Posts
It's definatelly tough time of the year. I wake up in the morning, leave for work and it's about 50 degrees outside lately. I'll have the tires cold at 40 PSI all around. By the time I get out it could be about 80ish degrees outside. After driving on the parkway for about 10 minutes they were at 48 PSI. It's nuts..

Hoping temps even out within the next couple of weeks

Reactions: Rice
1 - 15 of 15 Posts