Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at work, so I can't look it up at the moment, but does anyone know off the top of their head if tire damage might be covered by the warranty?

My unfortunate run in with a pothole this morning did in fact split the tire sidewall, so there's no fixing it unfortunately. I know its not typical since its a "wear item" but I'm only at 2500 miles, so it stings...

Just figured it would be worth asking before I go digging through the paperwork tonight to find out... thankfully the rim seems ok.

I think I'm going to take it up with the city as well. A pothole that can cause that kind of catastrophic blowout should have been taken care of, especially considering the weather break we've had here recently. Normally I wouldn't bother, but my boss who is rather fond of me is a city councilman so it might be worth a shot.

OK I'm done bitching now. Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would have to look but I think premature tire issues and pothole issues may be covered at a pro-rated cost. I know they were with my mustang after I lost a tire due to a pothole as well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's not Ford's fault you hit a pothole so I would say no... But I have seen people get paid by the city to pay for tires,rims etc...

·
Super Moderator
1,606 Posts
I happened to stumble upon this in our manual yesterday:

Tire Care
Important information for 235/40R19 low-profile tires and wheels: If your vehicle is equipped with 235/40R19 tires, they are low-profile tires. These tires and wheels are designed to give your vehicle a sport appearance. With low-profile tires, you may notice an increase in road noise and faster tire wear, depending on road conditions and driving styles. Due to their design, low-profile tires and wheels are more prone to road damage from potholes, rough or unpaved roads, car wash rails and curb contact than standard tires and wheels.

Note: Your vehicle’s warranty does not cover these types of damage. Tires should always be kept at the correct inflation pressures and extra caution should be taken when operating on rough roads to avoid impacts that could cause wheel and tire damage.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not unless you purchased the wheel and tire coverage, unfortunately. Given the low profile of the tires on this car, it's the one thing I did get on my lease. I hope I never have to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This same thing happened to me on Monday I it a pothole on the free way and it blew out my right front tire instantly. Took me 2 days to get a new tires from the dealership everyone said its a rare tire (continental). I asked and nothing was covered under warrant for the tire. $320 out the door installed for one tire, luckily i had no rim damage at all.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This same thing happened to me on Monday I it a pothole on the free way and it blew out my right front tire instantly. Took me 2 days to get a new tires from the dealership everyone said its a rare tire (continental). I asked and nothing was covered under warrant for the tire. $320 out the door installed for one tire, luckily i had no rim damage at all.
Just talked to the service manager, and its the same story here. No sort of pro-rated tire coverage unfortunately, but the tire saved the rim, and the suspension is fine aside from needing an alignment.

I've got the goodyear all seasons so they're not quite as pricey, but still not exactly cheap at $260 mounted and balanced.

Good news is, the city is going to reimburse me for the damages. Bad news is, it has to be done through their insurance so it probably won't be very quick. But, I've got more time than money, so I don't mind waiting it out

Reactions: mr. e
1 - 9 of 9 Posts