Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I read this tip somewhere buried deep in these threads, but I thought I'd list it quickly here for those who want to search for a fast answer.

Sometimes the Sync3 system with Nav and the big center screen (Sony sound system) gets "confused" and won't pair your phone, loses the pair, or won't go into (or out of) CarPlay (or Android Play). And to stop the car, and shut off the engine and open the driver door to power down the system is not feasable.

So... all you do is: SIMULTANEOUSLY (at the same exact time) press the Scan Forward button (>>) and the CENTER power button (audio system power) and HOLD them in for a little more than 10 seconds. The screen will go black. RELEASE the buttons at the black screen. System will then reboot.

You can do this WHILE driving (just keep your eye on the road!) and the system will come back up and most likely resolve the issue at hand.

~~Russ.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excellent , thank you. Ever since the sync 3.0 update my car will not stay connected to my phone. On a different topic , any idea if the sync 3.4 update will be available for our cars ? I was told by ford no , but i would like to know why.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Will this erase any saved nav points or presets on the radio ?
No, its a just a reboot, not a reset. The master reset (buried in the options menu) will clear all settings though and completely revert the system to defaults. Clears all paired phones, presets, etc...

Excellent , thank you. Ever since the sync 3.0 update my car will not stay connected to my phone. On a different topic , any idea if the sync 3.4 update will be available for our cars ? I was told by ford no , but i would like to know why.
Sync 3.4 is only supposed to be used on newer Sync hardware. There are some folks that have figured out how to load 3.4 on the older hardware, but it is not officially supported by Ford and you may experience some system performance issues. The newer hardware is different from the older hardware, but I don't know the specifics.

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts