Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a diagram of the intake system on the FuSpo I saw how tiny the intercooler is in relation to the rest of the intake. I know the rest of the hot pipes are pretty small, but the intercooler looks like it would be on the small side for just one of these turbos! This intercooler is clearly a MAJOR restriction.

Attachments

Reactions: ike

·
Registered
12 Posts
After seeing a diagram of the intake system on the FuSpo I saw how tiny the intercooler is in relation to the rest of the intake. I know the rest of the hot pipes are pretty small, but the intercooler looks like it would be on the small side for just one of these turbos! This intercooler is clearly a MAJOR restriction.
Any idea if anyone makes one that will work?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm guessing that any aftermarket intercooler that fits an ecoboost 2.0 fusion should fit the sport without much of an issue. I'm not positive of that, but I have a hard time believing that (for assembly/manufacturing/design sake) the inlet/outlet locations are much different between the two platforms.

You may need to figure out the mounting, but it should work otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm guessing that any aftermarket intercooler that fits an ecoboost 2.0 fusion should fit the sport without much of an issue. I'm not positive of that, but I have a hard time believing that (for assembly/manufacturing/design sake) the inlet/outlet locations are much different between the two platforms.

You may need to figure out the mounting, but it should work otherwise.
also the dual inlet.

Reactions: qwerty3089

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought a big intercooler off craigslist. It's probably way too big to fit so I might need to trim it, and I'll need to fab up the dual inlet. I got it and a nice oak roll top desk for $75, so I wont feel too bad if it doesn't work.

Reactions: qwerty3089

·
Registered
25 Posts
If Levels doesn't work out for you guys CP-E was willing to do a custom bulk order for the Ford Edge guys if they could get 50 preorders. It would be nice if our IC were the same. Could easily get enough interests between both models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts