Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
considering its a brand new model entirely, and its sold around 10,500 models in the US, which is approximately how many Fusion Sports were made per year (all of which haven't been sold seeing as there are still 2017's on lots), I would not consider it a failure. All things considering, I would say that car and our cars are pretty much on the same level, so if you consider the Stinger a failure, I would then argue so is the Fusion Sport.
52k price difference dent equal the same level ... for 52k thee are many many many better cars than the stinger thats the point. Our cars are the best bang for 30k fact there is no competition at all.. but At 52k is the stinger the best in that price range.. ??? nope

The stinger failed in comparison to other cars in the 52K range

Oh and lets look at all fusion sales vs all stinger sales .. you won't want to cause the fusion was extremely profitable for ford the sport model is just icing on the cake... The thing sale will never get close to fusion sales ever.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
52k price difference dent equal the same level ... for 52k thee are many many many better cars than the stinger thats the point. Our cars are the best bang for 30k fact there is no competition at all.. but At 52k is the stinger the best in that price range.. ??? nope

The stinger failed in comparison to other cars in the 52K range

Oh and lets look at all fusion sales vs all stinger sales .. you won't want to cause the fusion was extremely profitable for ford the sport model is just icing on the cake... The thing sale will never get close to fusion sales ever.
No ****?!? You really don't think the Stinger will ever get to Fusion Sales numbers??? Also, its not a $52K difference.

Ford, and their dealers selling the Fusion Sport for as much off of the price tag as they are will only tell you one thing about the Fusion Sport. And sadly, like the previous Fusion Sport, won't make it more than a few years. Nothing about that screams success.

Also, you can find plenty of Stingers for under 52K. You are talking top of the line. You can get a Stinger GT starting at just over $38K MSRP. Fusion Sport is at just over $40K MSRP for the 2019. So an AWD Stinger GT can be had for the same price MSRP as a Fusion Sport. So where you claim a $52K difference, its actually about a 0K difference, and if we go top of the line Stinger GT2, then its about a $12K difference.

So the only "fact" (and I use that term loosely here because I actually know what the **** a fact is) here is the fact that you are wrong on so many levels, but mostly just wrong about what the word fact means.

So please, I try not to have any issues with people on the internet, but please, I am practically begging you, stop throwing around the word "fact" after what is your opinion. You talk about bang for your buck, and to every person that is a different thing. Based off of anyone's opinion, all sorts of cars can be the best bang for someone's buck, and while I love my Fusion, and while I agree, for what I paid for it, I am very happy, we need to stop putting it up on a pedestal. Its a great car that has plenty of flaws as well, and to quite a few people that have been on this forum, the Fusion Sport has been one of the worst cars they have ever owned due to the issues that some of these cars have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I personally have bad experiences with Kia as the brand.
I bought my parents 2018 optima with my brother's purchase of Kia stinger gt.
Only been 8 to 9 month and 3400miles, optima having a major transmission issue, transmission slipping, already a month in the Kia dealership, and still no solid answer.
My brother's stinger gt also having two problems; engine/gas pedal vibration and paint. black paint already hazy, detailer refuse to polish because clear is too thin to polish.
Take it to Kia dealership, respray everything again. 3 weeks later, pick up the car and found running and sagging paint. so it went back to the dealership, with optima, still waiting.
For the engine vibration, Kia dealer told, "normal" in 3.3 engine and "nothing to concern about"

For the budget, Kia stinger is a great car, on par with fusion sport. I just like the interior of fusion way better than a stinger.

but stinger GT is a fairly new car and a new engine.
2.7l Ecoboost is used by the f150 since 2015 and 2016 Lincoln Mkx has proven the performance and reliability.
I will take a cheaper and better option fusion sport any day.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
No ****?!? You really don't think the Stinger will ever get to Fusion Sales numbers??? Also, its not a $52K difference.
The pont im making is the sport is the best bang for 30K fact

The KIA stinger is not the best bang for 52K fact

Now you can feel how you want boy tat but that a fact...

If I wanted to spend 52K on a new car and wanted the best in the 52K category would I get the stinger ? **** no.

There ai not much else to say. other than that lol

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The pont im making is the sport is the best bang for 30K fact

The KIA stinger is not the best bang for 52K fact

Now you can feel how you want boy tat but that a fact...

If I wanted to spend 52K on a new car and wanted the best in the 52K category would I get the stinger ? **** no.

There ai not much else to say. other than that lol
Will you and every other Stinger GT hater give up on this $52K price? That is fully loaded, you don't need to buy fully loaded. You can get AWD Stinger GT for same MSRP as a 2019 Fusion Sport. That is the only fact.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Will you and every other Stinger GT hater give up on this $52K price? That is fully loaded, you don't need to buy fully loaded. You can get AWD Stinger GT for same MSRP as a 2019 Fusion Sport. That is the only fact.
I'm not sure what you're going on about and why you're so adamant about defending the stinger GT in a fusion sport forum. But the 2019 fusion sport is a horrible comparison because there are no options. It's as is. It's still fully loaded though and you're not going to pay msrp for the fusion sport.

When looking I found a 2017 fusion sport (late 2016) and they offered me 34000 tax title out the door. Msrp was 41625. I just looked up 2 similarly optioned Kia stingers and used price with 10k miles on them. 43 and 44k. So they aren't wrong. The car is super expensive. **** my MKZ is super expensive as well but I got a good deal and absolutely love it.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I'm not sure what you're going on about and why you're so adamant about defending the stinger GT in a fusion sport forum. But the 2019 fusion sport is a horrible comparison because there are no options. It's as is. It's still fully loaded though and you're not going to pay msrp for the fusion sport.

When looking I found a 2017 fusion sport (late 2016) and they offered me 34000 tax title out the door. Msrp was 41625. I just looked up 2 similarly optioned Kia stingers and used price with 10k miles on them. 43 and 44k. So they aren't wrong. The car is super expensive. **** my MKZ is super expensive as well but I got a good deal and absolutely love it.

the reason I am defending it is due to the fact that people are spouting "facts" that aren't actually facts. And apparently, unlike several on this forum, I am not a Fusion fanboy, I am just a car guy. I love my Fusion, and it is the second Fusion Sport I have owned, as I also had the original 2010 version, and I agree it is a phenomenal deal for what you get, but it doesn't change the fact that there is no need to compare it to the 52K Stinger GT, and can instead compare it to a 40K Stinger GT, which comparatively brings the price much closer, and just because some of you can't seem to fathom that, or can't understand that you can get better deals on the Stinger than you are all looking at. I could have gotten an AWD Stinger GT for 36K, only 3K more than I paid for my fusion, and at that point, the Stinger is very well compared to the Fusion Sport.

Ultimately, if you compare the RIGHT stinger gt to the Fusion Sport, its no longer that much of a difference that everyone seems to think. So the other guys who want to bad mouth anything not a fusion, and can't see the REAL facts need to stop sucking Ford off, and open their eyes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
the reason I am defending it is due to the fact that people are spouting "facts" that aren't actually facts. And apparently, unlike several on this forum, I am not a Fusion fanboy, I am just a car guy. I love my Fusion, and it is the second Fusion Sport I have owned, as I also had the original 2010 version, and I agree it is a phenomenal deal for what you get, but it doesn't change the fact that there is no need to compare it to the 52K Stinger GT, and can instead compare it to a 40K Stinger GT, which comparatively brings the price much closer, and just because some of you can't seem to fathom that, or can't understand that you can get better deals on the Stinger than you are all looking at. I could have gotten an AWD Stinger GT for 36K, only 3K more than I paid for my fusion, and at that point, the Stinger is very well compared to the Fusion Sport.

Ultimately, if you compare the RIGHT stinger gt to the Fusion Sport, its no longer that much of a difference that everyone seems to think. So the other guys who want to bad mouth anything not a fusion, and can't see the REAL facts need to stop sucking Ford off, and open their eyes.

Real facts... I paid $36k for my Sport with EVERY option except park assist. I even have the factory clear bra. The Kia dealer wanted $52k for a Stinger GT2, with the same options. The GT doesn't even come close to being as well equipped as my car. It's like a Fusion SE. The Stinger GT would be about on par with a base Sport with no options, which can be had for under $25k.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah... I don't know about similar options in that price. They cheap AWD stinger GT gave up up quite a bit in features.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Real facts... I paid $36k for my Sport with EVERY option except park assist. I even have the factory clear bra. The Kia dealer wanted $52k for a Stinger GT2, with the same options. The GT doesn't even come close to being as well equipped as my car. It's like a Fusion SE. The Stinger GT would be about on par with a base Sport with no options, which can be had for under $25k.
Yes, but there are plenty of deals to be made on a Stinger, that just cause one place won't doesn't mean all won't. There are some people who did pay over 40K for a Fusion Sport at the start, so you can't compare one deal to the next. You need to compare MSRP to MSRP.

But whatever, if people want to compare the deal they can make on one car, compared to a different deal on a different vehicle, there is all sorts of things that can be said. So you guys can keep saying this, and there is no point in continuing this discussion. I hope you all have a good day.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yes, but there are plenty of deals to be made on a Stinger, that just cause one place won't doesn't mean all won't. There are some people who did pay over 40K for a Fusion Sport at the start, so you can't compare one deal to the next. You need to compare MSRP to MSRP.

But whatever, if people want to compare the deal they can make on one car, compared to a different deal on a different vehicle, there is all sorts of things that can be said. So you guys can keep saying this, and there is no point in continuing this discussion. I hope you all have a good day.
Well, put up or shut up, you know the saying.

Here is the cheapest Stinger V6 AWD I could find.
Not bad, about what I think a Stinger is worth (IMO) vs what I paid for my Sport.

https://www.seinerkiasj.com/new-South+Jordan-2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-KNAE35LC7J6040832

But it's not a deal you are going to get near me (or really anywhere else, as far as I can tell).
This is about as good as it gets near me.

https://www.koonskia.com/new/Kia/2018-Kia-Stinger-woodbridge-b8aa0af30a0e0ae9354e33942c085dbf.htm

Still 11 grand more than I paid for my Sport

And notice both of these are colors that few want.
Price goes up for more mainstream colors, that's just the way it is (especially comparing red).

Vice the cheapest sport, $24K

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=485471287&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=NEW&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=FUSION%7CSport&listingTypes=NEW&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION&digitalRetail=true

and over 40 of them listed under 30 grand, so almost guaranteed anyone can get that price for a base Sport.

You are more than willing to do some homework and prove me wrong.
Or keep saying others are wrong with no evidence to back it up.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well, put up or shut up, you know the saying.

Here is the cheapest Stinger V6 AWD I could find.
Not bad, about what I think a Stinger is worth (IMO) vs what I paid for my Sport.

https://www.seinerkiasj.com/new-South+Jordan-2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-KNAE35LC7J6040832

But it's not a deal you are going to get near me (or really anywhere else, as far as I can tell).
This is about as good as it gets near me.

https://www.koonskia.com/new/Kia/2018-Kia-Stinger-woodbridge-b8aa0af30a0e0ae9354e33942c085dbf.htm

Still 11 grand more than I paid for my Sport

And notice both of these are colors that few want.
Price goes up for more mainstream colors, that's just the way it is (especially comparing red).

Vice the cheapest sport, $24K

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=485471287&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=NEW&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=FUSION%7CSport&listingTypes=NEW&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION&digitalRetail=true

and over 40 of them listed under 30 grand, so almost guaranteed anyone can get that price for a base Sport.

You are more than willing to do some homework and prove me wrong.
Or keep saying others are wrong with no evidence to back it up.
While I am done with this conversation, here is a link to the same dealership as you first posted through cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/743515513/overview/

A new AWD GT2, for less than 2K more than I paid for a much less optioned Fusion Sport.

So it is what it is.

·
Registered
120 Posts
While I am done with this conversation, here is a link to the same dealership as you first posted through cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/743515513/overview/

A new AWD GT2, for less than 2K more than I paid for a much less optioned Fusion Sport.

So it is what it is.
No one is getting the car for that price. You have to finance through their dealership, they are going to make it back on the finance rate. If you are a cash buyer, you won't get that price.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
No one is getting the car for that price. You have to finance through their dealership, they are going to make it back on the finance rate. If you are a cash buyer, you won't get that price.
Even if you do, it is one dealer. No one has proved that a Stinger can be had for upwards of 10-12 grand off (like the Sport)
for almost anyone, anywhere. Stinger has been out for a year now, so the initial newness of the car is no longer a factor.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Simple facts end of debate lol..

Sport at 30K > Stinger GT2 at 52K

·
Registered
463 Posts
... You need to compare MSRP to MSRP.
Actually, not in this case. Savings on leftover Sports are mammoth, Stinger GT's ... not so much.

And if anyone believes dealers are selling Stinger GT's at 12 k off without getting you some other way, then I have some primo swamp land to sell them.

Simple facts end of debate lol..

Sport at 30K > Stinger GT2 at 52K
YES. That goes without saying!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Actually, not in this case. Savings on leftover Sports are mammoth, Stinger GT's ... not so much.

And if anyone believes dealers are selling Stinger GT's at 12 k off without getting you some other way, then I have some primo swamp land to sell them.

YES. That goes without saying!
Just got a leftover loaded sport for $23,885!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 219 Posts