Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Its still a Kia.
The one I test drove had a nicer interior, response from the paddle shifters was near instantaneous, and it handled flatter in the turns.

And the sticker price was $48,495 ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did try it. It's about as fast as a tuned Sport.
Can't find one anywhere in NJ for that kind of money and even elsewhere,
an AWD GT is $35K min (@ Koons).

Not a horrible price really, but can still get new 18 base Sport for 8 grand less.
(or even much less than that if you are OK with a NEW 2017)

So basically I can have the Sport with a tune, sway bars, summer tires AND
FREE gas for 3 years, 36k miles compared to a Stinger.
Its all what you like and I am not brand loyal by any means as I have owned Ford, Chevy, Subaru, Toyota, and Kia. Almost got a GTI for my wife before getting the Stinger. I just had issues with my last fusion that put a bad taste in my mouth. I had a Chevy SS before the Stinger and even though that was a great car I think the Stinger GT is the better daily and feels every bit as fast as the LS3. I like the RWD layout of the stinger as well compared to a fwd. Have you seen what the Stinger can do with just intakes and a tune? 400whp. Downpipes, tune, intakes we are talking 450+ . We got our AWD GT in the low 30's and they sticker around 40-41k.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry, this thread bugs me to the point I have to chime in with an important argument that keeps getting missed.

As I am in Canada, dollars and specs are in CAD.

19 Sport not available but 18 Sport - 401A (which is all we get now) goes for 39k before specials, rebates and haggling. For that money you get the base 2L 255Hp Stinger (39,995). This was the case last year also.

A long diatribe could ensue but this really stops any further debate if like for like.

A GT is comparably at 49,995. This is SHO and RT money. With these choices I would have the GT on my list however the Audis, Beamers, Jags, Genisis etc come into the equation and I think then that the Kia would be struggling to get my money - as fun and different as it is.

In summary, FFS all day, every day when doing a true apples to apples including sticker price comparison.

It is frustrating at times to listen to the FFS being put in groups it does compete in. Stinger is a nice looking car and brings performance from a different angle. If we had the 3.5TT, then that would be a very interesting debate.

Sorry, not to offend or get on a high horse, just feel we need to be fair in our debates, opinions and observations.

·
Registered
463 Posts
With similar options, the '19 GT1 AWD compares to the '19 FS.

FS = $41,010
GT1 AWD = $48,495

GT1 AWD = $7,485 more than the FS.

The GT performs somewhat better, and has a nicer interior, which costs you 7.5k (both have ~2k Finance Rebate, so price diff is same).

·
Registered
8 Posts
With similar options, the '19 GT1 AWD compares to the '19 FS.

FS = $41,010
GT1 AWD = $48,495

GT1 AWD = $7,485 more than the FS.

The GT performs somewhat better, and has a nicer interior, which costs you 7.5k (both have ~2k Finance Rebate, so price diff is same).
Im sure this wont get approved either but you do know that the Fusion sport has a higher starting price then the Stinger GT right?
Go to their websites and build one. Look at the regular GT not the GT1 with the adjustable suspension. Once built the MSRP is within $700 or so. There are killer deals made on the GT as well especially left over 18's.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Reactions: FunktasticLucky

·
Registered
8 Posts
STOP comparing cars not even in the Sports class.
No one here wanted a 2WD sedan.

If I'm going 4DR RWD, I'll take this, for that kind of money.

Is the title of this thread not FFS vs Stinger? If you want that boat then be my guest but I would take the Chevy SS I use to own over that Scat pack. Stinger GT also comes in AWD.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Im sure this wont get approved either but you do know that the Fusion sport has a higher starting price then the Stinger GT right?
Go to their websites and build one. Look at the regular GT not the GT1 with the adjustable suspension. Once built the MSRP is within $700 or so. There are killer deals made on the GT as well especially left over 18's.
Did you actually read my comment or are you just trolling? I already posted that the comparable trim to the FS is the GT1 AWD, I went to the manufacturer's websites and did the builds.

And you are misleading people with your mention of "killer deals", because as everyone knows, you only get the really high kickbacks from KIA if you lock into a 2 year lease. Extend the lease at all, and the numbers drop significantly. As I stated, regular financing incentives remain the same between the two cars.

And you wonder why your comments need "approving".

High 20’s actually.
And you actually believe that. lol As the old saying goes, there's a sucker born ...

Is the title of this thread not FFS vs Stinger? If you want that boat then be my guest but I would take the Chevy SS I use to own over that Scat pack. Stinger GT also comes in AWD.
Hold up a minute. So ...

The 4,000 lb RWD only Chevy SS isn't a "boat"?
The 4,350 lb RWD only Scat Pack Charger isn't a "boat"?

And be informed, the FS doesn't "also come in AWD" like the Stinger GT. It's standard on our cars.

I'm sure there are intelligent KIA owners out there. I suggest you stop posting and trying to ruin all of their reputations.

(congrats StingyGT, because of your uninformed nonsense I've added you to my block list!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ford Guy

I did the builds as well and wondering why you think the GT1 is the comparable trim?

Just because there are not good incentives does not mean you cant get a good deal. I am going to get more solid info from the dealer advertising for 29k but I am sure you would just ignore it. When I bought my SS I got 8k off and the only incentives were $500 off. I did lease our Stinger but thats because we always get a new car every few years.

The SS may be heavy but it can run circles around the charger on a road coarse.

You can believe what you want and spend your money how you like but I was just trying to have a friendly conversion and you cant seem to handle it if my opinion is not the same as yours.

I am not here to bash the FFS by any means and I am sure its a great car but why have a FFS vs Kia Stinger thread if you only let the Ford guys talk. What fun is that?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ford Guy

I did the builds as well and wondering why you think the GT1 is the comparable trim?

Just because there are not good incentives does not mean you cant get a good deal. I am going to get more solid info from the dealer advertising for 29k but I am sure you would just ignore it. When I bought my SS I got 8k off and the only incentives were $500 off. I did lease our Stinger but thats because we always get a new car every few years.

The SS may be heavy but it can run circles around the charger on a road coarse.

You can believe what you want and spend your money how you like but I was just trying to have a friendly conversion and you cant seem to handle it if my opinion is not the same as yours.

I am not here to bash the FFS by any means and I am sure its a great car but why have a FFS vs Kia Stinger thread if you only let the Ford guys talk. What fun is that?
Because the GT1 is the only trim level that gets you all the features of the fusion Sport for a more apples to apples comparison. If you're alright with giving up all the premium features you get in a fusion sports to go with a base level stinger GT to spend the same amount as a FFS then be my guest. But the GT1 is more comparable to the FFS.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Because the GT1 is the only trim level that gets you all the features of the fusion Sport for a more apples to apples comparison. If you're alright with giving up all the premium features you get in a fusion sports to go with a base level stinger GT to spend the same amount as a FFS then be my guest. But the GT1 is more comparable to the FFS.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

That is the facts I was looking for. The FFS does come with a driver assist package with the adaptive cruise control which the base GT does not but the GT1 also has some more features the FFS does not? The GT Stingers all have brembos and the GT1/2 have the electronically controlled shocks which is not the same as the adaptive suspension on the FFS. If comparing features it would be in between the GT and GT1 it seems.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
And the FS is AWD std, which makes it driveable more than 20% of the time.

Rain performance is especially night and day vs a high HP 2WD.
Short of drag radials on the street, high HP RWD is useless out of the hole.
But then you can't drive in the rain at all. So if you go with AS's, you don't get the handling.
And 4-5 months of the year, you need dedicated snow tires just in case, and they handle horribly
otherwise. So lets try to keep apples to apples here, especially with drivetrain configurations

And I always compare new to new when talking new car prices. SS is better car overall
over scatpack I'd say, but can't get it new. Reason I would take Scatpack over Stinger 2WD is if I am
going to waste my time with 2WD, I'm going to get something that is not at the ragged edge
@ 600 WHP. Waste of time with small TT engine in a RWD when you can get other engines
that are barely breathing hard. The "american" V-8 RWD's all look way better than a Stinger also
(subjective, I understand).

·
Registered
8 Posts
And the FS is AWD std, which makes it driveable more than 20% of the time.

Rain performance is especially night and day vs a high HP 2WD.
Short of drag radials on the street, high HP RWD is useless out of the hole.
But then you can't drive in the rain at all. So if you go with AS's, you don't get the handling.
And 4-5 months of the year, you need dedicated snow tires just in case, and they handle horribly
otherwise. So lets try to keep apples to apples here, especially with drivetrain configurations

And I always compare new to new when talking new car prices. SS is better car overall
over scatpack I'd say, but can't get it new. Reason I would take Scatpack over Stinger 2WD is if I am
going to waste my time with 2WD, I'm going to get something that is not at the ragged edge
@ 600 WHP. Waste of time with small TT engine in a RWD when you can get other engines
that are barely breathing hard. The "american" V-8 RWD's all look way better than a Stinger also
(subjective, I understand).
I get what you are saying as some of the points you mentioned was part of the reason I sold my SS. AWD does make the better all season daily which is why we got ours with AWD. FFS sounds like a heck of a deal for the money and worth looking into if you want a sedan around 40k with some decent power and awd. The dealer was able to get us the price we wanted on the Stinger GT so we went for it. We were ready to buy a GTI actually till I took a test drive in the stinger. I am not sure how much more I would be willing to pay for the Stinger over the FFS though since I have not owned one.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I get what you are saying as some of the points you mentioned was part of the reason I sold my SS. AWD does make the better all season daily which is why we got ours with AWD. FFS sounds like a heck of a deal for the money and worth looking into if you want a sedan around 40k with some decent power and awd. The dealer was able to get us the price we wanted on the Stinger GT so we went for it. We were ready to buy a GTI actually till I took a test drive in the stinger. I am not sure how much more I would be willing to pay for the Stinger over the FFS though since I have not owned one.
The AWD really makes these cars unbelievable, even in the dry. The holes you can squirt into on 50+ MPH
back roads with heavier traffic than they ever intended to see, is amazing.

I would not have paid $40K (I paid $27.3K) for the FS, and I wouldn't pay 40 large for the Stinger either
(no matter the trim). If I was looking, I would pay low 30's (33 tops) for a base AWD Stinger GT.
And not black or red, which always seem to be the colors offered for super cheap deals
(I've bought 3 cars from Koons Ford and their best deal is usually black). I'm not big on all the high tech
stuff either, give me the Performance, moderate stereo, AC, and normal power stuff and I'm good
(I do like my heated seats, now that I have them).......

Glad you got the car you wanted at the price you did. Don't take the aggressive nature too hard here.
Many of just like to argue, but no hard feelings really :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
TwinForce_Fusion takes on a tuned Stinger, ten days ago...

201 - 219 of 219 Posts