Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just got a leftover loaded sport for $23,885!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Now thats a deal. Got my new leftover 8 weeks ago in Canada with today's exchange rate at $23,798 USD. All options. I don't care the build date thats the best value of any NA car no debate.

Stinger is really nice I park beside one at work but I wouldn't paid more than $5k than I would for a FS.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just got a leftover loaded sport for $23,885!
That's HUGE! Thousands better than the $26.9 I got my '17 for last year.

Here's my review of the Stinger GT ...

Compared to the FS:

• Handles flatter in the corners
  • Power is there but didn't notice a huge difference
  • Great styling
  • Upscale interior
  • Optional high end sound system not any better than our "base" sound system
  • Remote start (a must for those in cold climates) is a $500 option!
  • Almost no base GT's available in my area, virtually all are 48-52k GT1's/GT2's
The 6-8k discount Stinger owners talk about is on '18 models with a 2 year lease (less on '19's). Got to a 3/4 year lease, discount drops considerably.

All in all, a very nice car. Still too expensive for my taste when compared to leftover FS's.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Suddenly starting to see a bunch of Stingers in my area (Akron/Cleveland/Canton OH). I’ve now officially seen more Stingers than FuSports. Came up on one on the highway last week but traffic was too heavy to start monkeying around.

·
Registered
206 Posts
...Came up on one on the highway last week but traffic was too heavy to start monkeying around.
That Stinger was avoiding you, he was intimidated by you. :cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
One of these days I’m going to goad a Stinger into a run!
Recently I got flipped off by a guy in some kind of SS Camaro (there’s so many different versions I can’t tell which is which) that couldn’t run with my Sport. He picked me out, revving beside me at 60mph. These Sports pull so hard on the top end and when I left him he couldn’t keep up. Then when I let off the gas he did the sore-loser/denial blow-by and flipped me the bird! What a chump!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
...Recently I got flipped off by a guy in some kind of SS Camaro (there’s so many different versions I can’t tell which is which) that couldn’t run with my Sport. He picked me out, revving beside me at 60mph. These Sports pull so hard on the top end and when I left him he couldn’t keep up. Then when I let off the gas he did the sore-loser/denial blow-by and flipped me the bird! What a chump!!
Ah yes, you were on the receiving end of the Sore-loser Syndrome, aka "SS", one of the heavy burdens of being a Fusion Sport driver. ;)

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actually, the AWD Stinger GT is supposed to low 13's compared to our high 13's.

But I'm fine with that.
I think a lot of that may have to do with the shifting though. If you catch a stinger on the interstate doing 55 I don't think they would have a chance because the sport won't be shifting that much. It's from a dig that screws the fusion/mkz.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think a lot of that may have to do with the shifting though. If you catch a stinger on the interstate doing 55 I don't think they would have a chance because the sport won't be shifting that much. It's from a dig that screws the fusion/mkz.
The Stinger GT AWD does begin to lose it's advantage at higher speeds, but C&D still got a better 50-70 mph time (.1 sec) vs. the FS.

MKZ 3.0T AWD sits roughly in between the Stinger GT AWD and FS.

STINGER GT AWD
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.3 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.6 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.4 sec

FUSION SPORT

Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.8 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.9 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.5 sec

MKZ 3.0T AWD
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.8 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.4 sec

·
Registered
92 Posts
If Insurance wasn't so much for me on the Stinger GT AWD, I'd be rocking the Stinger. But I am really curious to see how the Sport will fare against a Stinger GT. 90% of the Stinger group on Facebook thinks that car is a super car with 800hp that beats everything :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Stock for stock the Stinger is the faster car and a base GT can be bought in the low 30's. Dont knock it till you try it.
I did try it. It's about as fast as a tuned Sport.
Can't find one anywhere in NJ for that kind of money and even elsewhere,
an AWD GT is $35K min (@ Koons).

Not a horrible price really, but can still get new 18 base Sport for 8 grand less.
(or even much less than that if you are OK with a NEW 2017)

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=508764676&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=NEW&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=FUSION%7CSport&listingTypes=NEW&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION&clickType=listing

So basically I can have the Sport with a tune, sway bars, summer tires AND
FREE gas for 3 years, 36k miles compared to a Stinger.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Its still a Kia.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Stock for stock the Stinger is the faster car and a base GT can be bought in the low 30's. Dont knock it till you try it.
I did test drive one.

Stock for stock, the Fusion Sport is a better valued performance car and real world price differences favor the Fusion Sport by a substantial margin.

I purchased my '17 FS for 26.9k, add $500 for a tune (27.5k) and I have Stinger GT AWD acceleration with tons of $$ left over.

Don't knock the Fusion Sport 'till you try it.

181 - 200 of 219 Posts