Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey welcome to The official Fusion sport Vs a KIA stinger thread..

Anyone have any kill stories yet? iim sick of folks saying that 50K krap is better than our 30K sports..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Buy it for 50, drive it for a week, trade it in, it will be worth 30.. Had one Kia ,that will never happen again !Just my point of view. Sorry.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It is not 50k vs. 30k, the STICKER price difference between the two is barely a couple thousand dollars when similarly equipped unless you are looking at the bone stock versions of the sport vs the GT. That is about 5k and again STICKER price... For that difference you are getting a bigger engine and better transmission among other things.

People are still being badge snobs like ford has so much better of a reputation or something. Kia has been steadily moving away from their budget commuter image for years now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Okay slightly off/on topic

My wife wanted and got a 2017 Kia Sorento this year. SX V6 with technology package. I never thought I would utter the words “I bought a Kia”. I am completely surprised by the quality and generally how nice of a SUV it is. My only complaint I have is wind noise at highway speed, wife says she doesn’t hear it. So that’s a minor win but still kills me when I drive it, which is a lot.

With that said it opened my eyes to Kia and I will go drive a Stinger but no matter how good it is there is no way I’m loosing my butt and trading a 4 month old car. I will figure out if I’d race one.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
It is not 50k vs. 30k, the STICKER price difference between the two is barely a couple thousand dollars when similarly equipped unless you are looking at the bone stock versions of the sport vs the GT. That is about 5k and again STICKER price... For that difference you are getting a bigger engine and better transmission among other things.

People are still being badge snobs like ford has so much better of a reputation or something. Kia has been steadily moving away from their budget commuter image for years now.
Agreed.

The optima was actually better than the fusion for a few years, and really other than the Sport, its equates out to be about equal.
The rio is basically the fiesta.
Forte is the focus.
Cadenza would be the taurus
K900 would be the Lincoln MKZ.
Sportage is Escape.
Sorento is Explorer.

The list continues... Kia is basically the same **** thing as Ford to be honest. Even the looks of them are very similar as well. But with Kia you get a better warranty.

I almost got an Optima SXTurbo a few years ago when they were at 285 HP and you couldn't even get close with a Fusion, and I will certainly look at the Stinger GT when the day comes I decide to get a different every day driver.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You can build a v6 gt on the website for 41k sticker. On paper the kia runs 0 to 60 in 4.8. I don't think my sport can do that now. My guess is I would have to invest the entire price difference (which isn't as much as you thought) just to make it close.

·
Registered
451 Posts
IMO for a car to car comparison, I think you better off comparing the Stinger to the Lincoln MKZ. Both are round the 41k sticker with the V6 twin turbo and AWD.

Fusion Sport is close to 10k cheaper than both of those cars (when equipped with the twin turbo and AWD). My feeling/guess is the MKZ and the Stinger are both a bit more "carefully" put together.

FWIW, I do have a couple of creeks here and there on my sport, a couple of quirks... but I purchased my Sport with this expectation. My friend has a 2011 Mustang and he gave me the scoop on what to expect with Fords in general.

This being said, given what I could afford financially, I would buy the Sport again in a heartbeat if I had to do it over again.

If I was a little more wealthy and had to make a car purchase, I'd probably go for the Stinger or the MKZ.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
But that also doesn't say much for our vehicles... if their new value is 9K under MSRP, what is their used value? Anyone planning to trade theirs in at any point is gonna be hurt unless they have it paid off completely, or darn close to. My car, one year in, has 36,000 miles. I still owe like $21,000 on it. Obviously I don't plan to trade it in right now, but if I were, it would suck for me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Probably not. Kia did a much better job marketing this car so there might not be as many left a year from now that need to be sold off. But my guess is in a year and a half (about the same time the FuSpo has been out), the outgoing model could be had for about 10k off sticker too, so around 30 to 32k (so not a 20k difference the OP suggested).

But my original point was that kia didn't price this 20k more than the FuSpo, more like 5 to 7. And even with that extra money put back into the car, I still don't think the Sport would kill a Stinger GT. Not with our current aftermarket support any way.

I'm not for or against the Stinger. I'm happy with my Ford and won't be cross shopping the kia, but I do think Kia deserves some respect lately. I just don't think there will be many kill stories that the OP asked for since at least stock and on paper the kia is much faster.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Probably not. Kia did a much better job marketing this car so there might not be as many left a year from now that need to be sold off.
Yeah, KIA was all over SEMA with it, it's been on those UK "motoring" shows, dealers had freaking overseas models on display at US showrooms just as "paperweights" before the car was released.

Ford...had a media day in butt cold Michgan...LOL

KIA sold it...Ford let people buy it.

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Probably not.
Then can we kill these threads until the cars are at least within the same planet of each other current transaction, price wise?
Right now, it is a 15-16 grand difference. Here is the cheapest AWD I could find.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=473835399&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=new&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=150&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=KIASTING&makeCodeList=KIA&searchRadius=0&listingTypes=new&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=150&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=KIASTING&makeCodeList=KIA&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=KIA&modelCode1=KIASTING

For 15 grand more than the Kia, I can get an Audi RS3, 0-60 mid 3's, high 11's (virtually a G Skipad).
Yes, it is as ridiculous a comparison ($$) as the Kia is to the Sport, right NOW!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Then can we kill these threads until the cars are at least within the same planet of each other current transaction, price wise?
Right now, it is a 15-16 grand difference. Here is the cheapest AWD I could find.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=473835399&zip=08527&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=08527&listingTypes=new&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=150&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=KIASTING&makeCodeList=KIA&searchRadius=0&listingTypes=new&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=150&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=KIASTING&makeCodeList=KIA&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=KIA&modelCode1=KIASTING

For 15 grand more than the Kia, I can get an Audi RS3, 0-60 mid 3's, high 11's (virtually a G Skipad).
Yes, it is as ridiculous a comparison ($$) as the Kia is to the Sport, right NOW!!
There are always going to be these comparisons. Everyone loves to know that their car that they paid in the 30's for is faster than a car people are paying in the 50's for. Which is precisely why there are threads talking about our Fusions stoplight racing Audi's, BMW's, etc. because we love to hear the stories of our "budget" cars beating higher end cars.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are at dealers but non on the road yet lol..

KIA marketed the **** out of the stinger and definitely did some folks to love it early on... Too many big you tubers are saying the sting is the best car on earth lol

Folks who pay over 40K for the AWD GT are getting ripped hard..

at 40K new its. solid deal just like at 30K new the sport is a sold deal

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why are you comparing price points for a car that was literally just released to the price of a vehicle that’s been physical sitting on lots for months to a year and are priced to sell with big incentives? Sure if you were to go buy one today, it’s a better value. But that’s unfairly ripping on KIA as you’re not factoring in any incentives they may have down the road. Not even sure why it matters what anyone thinks of the sport to begin with at this point. I think so many dealers were burned by taking forever and a day to move their inventory of Sports that they will be uninterested in ordering anymore for their lots and it’d be custom orders for 18s. I love this car, but could care less what cars are bigger, badder, faster than it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
91 Posts
I saw a Stinger GT a month ago or so. Could have been a dealer demo; not sure. But it was a good looking car. Would I pay $~50k for one? No. I would be in the market for a used ZR1, Hellcat, or something else if I wanted to spend that kind of coin. :) I do enjoy the look on peoples faces when they get pulled by a Ford Fusion and could imagine it would be equally as fun in a KIA! LOL!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Why are you comparing price points for a car that was literally just released to the price of a vehicle that’s been physical sitting on lots for months to a year and are priced to sell with big incentives? Sure if you were to go buy one today, it’s a better value. But that’s unfairly ripping on KIA as you’re not factoring in any incentives they may have down the road. Not even sure why it matters what anyone thinks of the sport to begin with at this point. I think so many dealers were burned by taking forever and a day to move their inventory of Sports that they will be uninterested in ordering anymore for their lots and it’d be custom orders for 18s. I love this car, but could care less what cars are bigger, badder, faster than it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why are you ignoring price point of what the cars sell for today,
assuming some theoretical incentive that may happen someday?

The Kia seems like a great car, love the hatchback especially, but
even a fusion @ $35K was not on my radar in any way. Certainly
no car in the $40k range was on my radar, and I'm sure many here
bought for the same reason.

It's only a competitor at this point is you ignore price. And
at that point, I'll take the new M5 instead..........

1 - 20 of 217 Posts