Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove back home from OKC yesterday morning and man was the traffic a fricken mess in Dallas. I-35 was stop and go for over an hour until I got to I-635 which opened up a little better. With all the traveling I do for work I have a NTTA tag and I noticed the I-635 express lane was mostly empty and I do mean empty. So I hopped on and was rolling right along when a Mercedes, a Lexus and a BMW came rolling up on me. Well i didn't want to be in the way so I moved to far right allowed them to pass. For some reason I just happened to look over at the BMW driver and he had this look of disdain as he scowled at me while passing. Well I wasn't sure what I did to earn this look, maybe my oxford white Fusion sedan was to common for him, maybe this is the reserved lane and I didn't know it, maybe it's because I was driving a Ford. I figured if I tagged along for a while maybe I could figure it out what it was that caused the look. So I hopped in behind the BMW paced him for a while. I could tell the BMW driver was not amused looking in his rear view mirror as we road along. Hmmm he is using his rear view mirror a lot maybe he needs a better view of my Fusion. I pulled into the lane to his right and pulled up next to him. He glared out his passenger side window. I smiled gave him a little wave and started to go on my way. As I pulled past him he hopped in behind me and appeared to be checking out the little blue oval and Sport emblem on my rear deck lid or maybe he was drafting. I figured he wanted to see what the back end of my Fusion looked like so I gave him a second or two to check it out then I figured I would show him what the Sport emblem meant. I rolled into the throttle and while he did pace the sport for a short distance he didn't seem to be able to hang with me as I pulled away.

I'm sure all this left a bad taste in his mouth but it just made me smile and enjoy the rest of the ride to the house. This thing is smooth and silky at speed. It's real easy to loose track of how fast you are actually going.

They need to film a Fast and Furious in Big D because that I-635 Express lane heading east is pretty cool surface road, under ground it has a little of everything.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a fantastic story!! I loved it.

I just got back from visiting my brother in NC. Well there is a guy that lives on base with a straight piped 5.0 mustang (2016) and he loves to let everyone know its loud.

We were pulling out of the gate me and my brother in my sport (livernoise tuned) and the mustang was behind me riding my ass. Well the speed limit is only 45 until you are off base and then 55 when you get down the road. Well needless to say the mustang punched it and went around, I nailed the gas and my brother told me not to try in case an MP is around. Well we both got off the same exit and got caught at a red light. My brother told me to show him what the sport will do out of the whole. I laughed and said ok. I looked at the guy in the stang and asked him if he would race me. He laughed revved it up and goes sure, but its a waste of my gas. i said if you hit 60 before me Pull in the gas station I will fill the tank for you. He laughed and said gladly. Light turned green, I launched on his ass so hard it was embarrassing. He didn't catch me until I let off around 70. We stopped a few lights up. I looked at him, he was glaring and just gave me the finger. Me and my brother had a great laugh out of it.

thanks for sharing your story, I do not want to take your thread away, just figured I would share my funny story.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
17Rubyred I love it, great story!

Reactions: 17Rubyred

·
Registered
54 Posts
17Rubyred I love it, great story!
Thanks Oreo!! Hopefully this will be the first of many for both of us!

I know Dave knows of Woodward in the summer here in MI. I am out every Friday and Saturday, I plan to hurt some feelings. :) plus I will be at the Lapeer track at least 1 time a month.

so we will see what these bad boys can do!

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is why I've stayed on this forum so long. Great stories - both of you! Last summer in Ft Wayne, In where my family lives I embarrassed an aggressive early/mid 2000's Mustang GT on 469 late at night- I'll never forget that feeling. Looking forward to stepping up to a faster Sport one day.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Now this is the kind of thread a forum is good for. Its nice to have a break from all the problems once in a while, though I do appreciate the knowledge that has accumulated.

I got to show a mustang who's boss the other day as well. Red 2013/14ish GT, with all kinds of blacked out accents and some loud pipes, made a point to go diving around a corner in front of me from the other direction as I rolled up with my signal on. God forbid he gets stuck behind the slow Fusion...

This MFer proceeds to do about 41 MPH down a 40MPH road that I regularly go about 50-55. its a fun, winding, road that follows the river in and out of the valley, and it also happens to be the shortest and quickest way to work (lucky me, every day is a joy). Nowhere for cops to sit and hide, and barely any traffic to get in the way.

After a couple miles of this douche braking around every bend and lazily getting back up to 41, we get to the big hill. Normally I coast all the way down and let it ride until I get back down to a reasonable speed. Oh no, not behind mr. mustang. He rides the brakes all the way down, just can't do 42...

So I pull the left paddle a couple times, engine brake down the hill and as we get to the bottom the road flattens out into an arrow straight 1/2 mile, and as the line goes dashed I flip my signal on like the responsible driver I am, and put the hammer down. Now, I don't know if he did this the whole time just to piss me off, and get his sick kicks, or if he didn't realize he was driving like an old lady, but this lit a fire under him. I hear the pipes roar as he downshifts and he wiggles a little but we all know how effortlessly the sport goes from a roll. Obviously I had the jump and the traction, but I was easily ahead of him before he got a grip.

Not to be outdone, he then proceeds to whip into the oncoming lane to pass me back, so I bury it again and he couldn't get me before the end of that 1/2 mile, and he fell back in behind. True to form, he then tailgated me the rest of the way before he turned off the road with another roar of the pipes...

Sometimes its nice to knock people off their pedestal. I just wish I could have seen his face through his limo tint...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Drove back home from OKC yesterday morning and man was the traffic a fricken mess in Dallas. I-35 was stop and go for over an hour until I got to I-635 which opened up a little better. With all the traveling I do for work I have a NTTA tag and I noticed the I-635 express lane was mostly empty and I do mean empty. So I hopped on and was rolling right along when a Mercedes, a Lexus and a BMW came rolling up on me. Well i didn't want to be in the way so I moved to far right allowed them to pass. For some reason I just happened to look over at the BMW driver and he had this look of disdain as he scowled at me while passing. Well I wasn't sure what I did to earn this look, maybe my oxford white Fusion sedan was to common for him, maybe this is the reserved lane and I didn't know it, maybe it's because I was driving a Ford. I figured if I tagged along for a while maybe I could figure it out what it was that caused the look. So I hopped in behind the BMW paced him for a while. I could tell the BMW driver was not amused looking in his rear view mirror as we road along. Hmmm he is using his rear view mirror a lot maybe he needs a better view of my Fusion. I pulled into the lane to his right and pulled up next to him. He glared out his passenger side window. I smiled gave him a little wave and started to go on my way. As I pulled past him he hopped in behind me and appeared to be checking out the little blue oval and Sport emblem on my rear deck lid or maybe he was drafting. I figured he wanted to see what the back end of my Fusion looked like so I gave him a second or two to check it out then I figured I would show him what the Sport emblem meant. I rolled into the throttle and while he did pace the sport for a short distance he didn't seem to be able to hang with me as I pulled away.

I'm sure all this left a bad taste in his mouth but it just made me smile and enjoy the rest of the ride to the house. This thing is smooth and silky at speed. It's real easy to loose track of how fast you are actually going.

They need to film a Fast and Furious in Big D because that I-635 Express lane heading east is pretty cool surface road, under ground it has a little of everything.
I live in the DFW area and have used the underground express lanes. A word of caution, the cops like to hide down there and nab speeders because they know the drivers who use like to go faster and are willing to pay for the privilege. So be careful when you use them. Nice kill BTW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts