Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The largest muffler I've ever seen! Chop it off & keep the resonator. Pics included

The sun was going down so I didn't get to fully check it out but our muffler is enormous (around 44" long. )There also appears to be a post cat resonator.

I'm debating cutting out the stock muffler and welding in two pipes going from the muffler intake pipes to right before the exhaust hangar on exhaust tips. Check out the pics below and tell me what ya think.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would cut out the resonator and then add a magnaflow resonated X-Pipe. It will sound a bit deeper and flow a lot better. If they come out with a downpipe and/or axle back exhaust it should pair up nicely with it.

I had an 03 G35 coupe with a Injen catback exhaust. It had a crappy H-Pipe and was loud/raspy. I added the Magnaflow resonated X-pipe and it had a deeper growl and mostly all of the rasp was gone.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Check what I did with mine a couple of months ago.

Reactions: Ruby Red

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
All correct. At some point I'll try and get one under load or at the track.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Im really waiting for someone to come out with a good exhaust system, I really want the exhaust on this car to turn heads, not for being loud or raspy, but the way a turbo exhaust system should sound.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Is this what it will sound like with just about any aftermarket system? I don't mean to sound like a dick here, because to each his own, but I think that sounds like crap. It's more ricer than muscle. If that's what we have to work with, I'll likely just keep it stock.
I am going to have to agree. I want it to sound like the fake noise they pump into the cabin. I want some rumble, not farting. Problem is, not many 6 cylinders can get that sound.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
There is only so much you can do to a tiny V6 to make it not sound like a tiny V6. As far as V6s that redline at 6k, I thing mine sounds pretty freakin good. I don't have the glasspacks, though, so its a bit louder.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts