Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. I'm new to the forums, and waiting for my new pre-ordered Fusion Sport just like a lot of you guys are. Lol. I went to my dealer today to check on it and it's been in my state (LA) since July 23rd. Hopefully it'll be here by next week. It was built on July 12th and I'd expected it to come late august/early september so this is all a surprise to me. How long did you guys have to wait from build to delivery?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The dealers were quoting me 8 weeks (hopefully) or more likely 12 weeks from ordering. I hope you get that call soon.

Eric

·
Registered
186 Posts
At some point you're at the mercy of the shipping people. Mine was ordered 6/3 and built 6/24. It was held for a couple of weeks in Hermosillo, I think for an LED headlight mounting bracket fix. Not sure when it was actually shipped, but it's been sitting on a rail car about 25 miles from here (near Philadelphia) for almost two weeks now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys, I work for a class 1 railroad in the Midwest. I can speak first hand how you guys feel. The people they hire to run trains is beyond me! Some of these trains just set in sidings or yards for days. You will get it, just on railroad time lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey guys, I work for a class 1 railroad in the Midwest. I can speak first hand how you guys feel. The people they hire to run trains is beyond me! Some of these trains just set in sidings or yards for days. You will get it, just on railroad time lol
In this case, the railroad has done its job. It has been at the destination rail terminal, waiting to be unloaded. I'm sure the Teamsters will get right on it first thing Monday morning!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to see what he can do for price with my railroad discount. I've been trying to find any information I can or articles on the Internet. But nobody seems to have done a " first drive " of one yet. I ordered a new f150 back on the fall of 1991, set in St. Louis for two months before I received it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, my god. Is that common??? Jeeeeesus Christ... This is my first time pre-ordering a vehicle. Did they give you a discount or something for your troubles?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to see what he can do for price with my railroad discount. I've been trying to find any information I can or articles on the Internet. But nobody seems to have done a " first drive" of one yet.
There's info on the partner X Plan for Ford suppliers here.
A lot of us are looking for that elusive first review; so far, we've seen just informal evaluations from those fortunate enough to have driven -- or bought -- them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Did they give you a discount or something for your troubles?
The dealer estimated 6-8 weeks when I ordered. They're just past 8 weeks so far. I don't think they have a lot of control after the car leaves the assembly plant, though the dealer can track its whereabouts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Plus I've had a new SuperDuty come damaged via transit, ordered a mustang and came in the wrong color, and had a Chevrolet truck come with a manual transmission instead of the automatic I had originally ordered with it. I've had some bad luck ordering new vehicles, but it hasn't stopped me from ordering them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've had some bad luck ordering new vehicles, but it hasn't stopped me from ordering them.
I haven't seen my car yet (hopefully it's off the train today or tomorrow), but I'm pretty sure there will be no surprises. I sat with the salesman as he entered the order into the Ford system. He printed it out and we signed off on it and he took my deposit. When he gave me the VIN a couple weeks later, I pulled up the sticker and checked it over line-by-line. When it showed up on ETIS, I combed through that printout for anything suspicious -- other than the fact that I'm buying a "Transit" "4 Door Saloon." Clearly they don't want to cut me a check for screwing up the order. Now if they would just deliver the car . . .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got mine yesterday, guys. Its everything that I could have asked for... besides tires with more grip. Lol. And Magnetic actually looks kinda menacing on it. Pics coming soon. (Can't upload from phone)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts