Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I am going to drive the two hours to my "local" track and let Blue have a couple of runs on the 1/4 mile. Do a couple of data logs in order to get a base line prior to getting the UP FMIC and the BBK TB installed. Temps should be good, 50-60F and humidity around 40%.

This will be my first time at the track, so I just hope not to embarrass myself. I would love to be in the 12's. As long as the weather holds out, I hope to post my results Saturday.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Sounds like fun , You have 2 nice upgrades coming should be 12 seconds easy after the mods good luck

·
Registered
353 Posts
Tomorrow I am going to drive the two hours to my "local" track and let Blue have a couple of runs on the 1/4 mile. Do a couple of data logs in order to get a base line prior to getting the UP FMIC and the BBK TB installed. Temps should be good, 50-60F and humidity around 40%.

This will be my first time at the track, so I just hope not to embarrass myself. I would love to be in the 12's. As long as the weather holds out, I hope to post my results Saturday.
Good luck! It'll be great to see how you do out there.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, here it is. Nothing eye popping. Made three passes. Best Time 13.07 @ 104.90
I was just glad I never red lighted. I probably should have stuck around for one more run to see if I could get that 12 something, but by my third run the waiting line was 7-8 deep. I was happy that I improved each time. Now we can see what happens with a the new FMIC, TB and an updated tune from Torrie. The second run was the only time I had a car in the lane opposite me. It was a BMW with racing slicks and a really loud engine. He was testing and not even letting them show his numbers. Guy handing out the slips, says he beat my 4/10ths. I knew we were neck and neck down the track. There was even a Tesla there, with temp tags. He went down the track with a Big Wheel car. I didn't see his time.
He was in line beside me and I was thinking I'm fixing to have my a** handed to me by an electric car. But, they called him with the Big Wheel.
111320 - 3rd Run.jpg 111320 - 2nd Run.jpg 111320-First Run.jpg

Reactions: AisFbyM and 19sport

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks for doing this in a methodical manner to illustrate the improvements from your upcoming mods. Now that you know the drill, you should definitely try bracket racing on a competitive night. It’s fun to just drive fast and hard at the strip but it’s a much more thrilling experience to compete. It took me a long time to develop my launch technique with this car, partly because of the car fighting back, and partly because I was steadily adding mods that changed the nature of the car. Strategy and driver focus become more important and everything seems more intense when it’s a competition night. It’s a blast!! Good luck and thanks again!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is view of the datalogs for my first two runs. Ambient Temp was around 65 and humidity was around 40%

1605368087330.png 1605368818309.png

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
93 tune from Unleashed

Reactions: Shawn

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, Unleashed 93 Tune. Running Shell 93 Octane.

Reactions: Shawn

·
Registered
97 Posts
What about Royal Farms 93?
I don't know anything about Royal Farms & they're gas quality but they aren't listed as a Top tier gas provider, so personally I'd be cautious.

If you can monitor your OAR when you have their gas in your tank, if you're OAR goes below -.84 the quality of their gas is trash. Quality gas should net you an OAR of -.84 through -.96 Ideally the closer to -.96 the better

The OAR will also have an impact on your KNOCK output and the shittier the gas quality the higher KNOCK your going to have/experience.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the OAR for the tank that I used for the runs was at a flat -.70. The first run knock was Min -3.25 and Max 1.00 with a Avg of -0.11. The second run knock was Min -2.97 and Max 0.00 with an Avg of -0.07.

Yes, Torrie and I have swapped files several time. I am installing a UP FMIC and BBK TB next week and we will be doing some more logging and tweaking of the tune.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Plugged my numbers into one of the online HP Calculators.
HP Calculator
I know these are not exact but, with my numbers plugged in, I am in the 370's range in HP.
Now, with the new FMIC and TB installed I can't wait to see where we are now.
December 19th is the next track day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts