Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days have not been kind to my Sport and I. It all started Friday during a trip to the gym. Driving along a state road, I notice the cars in front of me start to brake slowly so I slow down, too. Then out of nowhere the car in front of me swerves to avoid what looks like a fuel can. It happened so fast I was unable to avoid it and it hits me. I caught it on my dash cam (Warning: Loud Audio)

It scratched up the bottom side of my bumper that you thankfully can't see unless you get down under there. There's a few small scratches on the front facing part of the lower lip that I think will polish out. I can live with it.

Then, today, at around 9:45 AM EST as I am sitting at my computer I hear thunder rolling in. As it gets closer, I can tell the impacts are more than just raindrops. A full blown hailstorm with golf ball sized hail start to come down pelting my car in the driveway. I only have a 1 car garage which is currently occupied by my '86 C10 so I frantically try to cover the car with cardboard and a tarp but I can only manage to cover the hood from the inside of my garage as it is just too dangerous to walk out there.

After the storm settled and I dried her off, I found about 30 dime sized or smaller dings scattered across the hood, decklid, driver's side quarter panels and doors, with most of the dings on the roof. No broken glass.

At some point today I may make it to a body shop to assess the damage and call my insurance company if necessary. What a lousy few days it has been. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sorry FR - Hopefully you've used up all your bad luck, and things are bright and cheery from now on

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry FR, hope things turn out for you and your FFS...

·
Registered
481 Posts
wow =( thats some bad luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts