Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I was heading home and my Sync 3 system locked up. I was playing mp3 music on a flash drive. The music went into a half-second audio loop. No button push or touch on the screen would work. The system remained in this state for about 30 seconds then rebooted. I suspect that Sync 3 has an auto-reboot function. When a “lock up” occurs, or possible other error, the system reboots. It did this while driving.
Anyone else experience this?
-Lee
PS With the old Sync 1 or 2 I would have had to shut off the car a few times to get sync working again. This is also the first time I have had any kind of sync error.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me while streaming music from my phone via Bluetooth... Started skipping and that lasted for under a minute, screen wouldn't respond then went black and rebooted. Haven't had a problem since.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
This happened to me as well a while ago, I was driving on the highway using Spotify over Android Auto. Of course, mine play the half-second audio loop with the biggest bass drop in the song I was listening to... After an irritating 30 seconds or so, the whole center screen rebooted and I had to disconnect & reconnect my phone. At that time, I had maybe 1500 miles on the car (early October, I think). 5900 now, haven't had it happen again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wifi is turned on but it is only connected to my home wifi network. I am awaiting the day it automatically downloads version 2.2. via wifi.

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
No, I have always had my WiFi off since I got the car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Definitely not an update. The system DOES NOT look for Wifi networks unless it's in park...*according to documentation*
I noticed that my system ONLY shows the WIFI logo when my car is in park.....so i trust that it's right....haven't actually tried searching for a network while driving....that's kinda pointless to connect to something while driving away from it.... o_O

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting, I had this happen to me once as well, only yesterday. Glad I'm not the only one. Was streaming from my phone via BT, had an audio loop, touchscreen unresponsive, and after about 30s it just rebooted and recovered no issue.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Wifi is only enabled when in park and the update may download after you turn off the car.

P403

When Wi-Fi and automatic updates are
enabled, your system checks for software
updates periodically. If a new version is
available, it downloads at that time.
Software downloads can take place for up
to 30 minutes after you have switched your
vehicle off. The updates do not interrupt
the normal use of your SYNC 3 system. If
a download does not complete for any
reason, the download continues where it
left off at the next Wi-Fi connected