Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my FS about 6 weeks. Up until about 2 weeks ago, Sync 3 with my Android phone worked great. I use Pandora (the app) all the time and it was flawless. But now....my oh my....

Rarely does the bluetooth stay paired over a stop / start. Real hassle. Even when it does pair, I have to use Pandora on my phone with the bluetooth connection on the S3. If I try to use the Pandora app, I get a basic blue screen with the word "Pandora" at the top and none of the Pandora features (thumbs up / down, station selections, etc.) or graphics visible. Plus, if I go to the "Entertainment" on my driver display and choose Pandora, it only shows me a blank window with the word "Pandora". It no longer displays the song / artist the way it previously did.

I've tried unpairing and repairing, master reset, etc. I've tried my wifes phone (also Android) all with the same results.

It went from flawless to useless.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions just my own irritations with the Pandora app and sync. Mine too has taken a turn for the worse, but does still work. I use to be able to skip a song by hitting the fast forward button but this has mysteriously disappeared, strange. I still have the same version of sync. I've resorted to running it just on my phone and choosing my phone as the music source. It still displays all artist info and allows me to skip songs. Only problem is I have to use the phone if I want to change channels which is less than ideal. I've also found when running the app in sync, if you turn the car off, say to get gas, and then back on, it tries to restart Pandora before it re-connects to my phone, therefore failing to restart and usually turns the sound system off, which makes absolutely no sense. Think I'll try android auto.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a Samsung and i have had best luck with turning on pandora on the phone... and then going to app on fusion. If i dont, it will play music, but many features like song title and skip dont work..

·
Registered
624 Posts
Very interesting how we all have slightly different experiences with no apparent reason why.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting indeed.

I consider this a significant problem. I basically use Pandora as my main music source whether at work or in the car.

I wonder if there is a deeper "return to factory" reset than the reset shown in the owner's manual?

Also...I see Ford has a tech line just for Sync 3 issues....anyone had success talking to them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I made a discovery today that, for the time being at least, has solved my problem.

There is a "System Reset" and then there is a "Master Reset". What I've tried previously was the "System Reset", which did not resolve my problems.

However, today I did the "Master Reset" and, just like magic, Pandora is back and working again, and my Bluetooth has stayed paired when I shut down / started back up later! I don't know why I needed to do this, or if it's just a temporary fix, but for the time being I'm good.

Be forewarned, the Master Reset wipes out all save info (Radio Presets, Map Data, etc.), so you have to set up Sync just like new again (which makes sense since the Master Reset takes you back to factory settings).

·
Registered
100 Posts
I gave up on Pandora..............It's funny that Pandora has seen so many customers go and now they are trying to change their format to compete with Google Play, Amazon Music, Spotify, HeartRadio, etc., I'm sorry, but y'all are missing out if you are still fooling around with Pandora.....I had a paid subscription with them for a few years.....then i ventured out.....and I ain't going back. I've been unlimited skipping, happily elsewhere!!! Amazon Music and GooglePlay has yet to freeze on the Sync3 system...
*Disclaimer: These are the experiences of the poster of this Quick Reply*
lmao

·
Registered
451 Posts
Due to the fragmentation, Android phones could be tricky and complex when syncing with infotainment systems. There are many different factors involved and may not be a clear answer. Manufacturer bloatware could also cause issues software/connection wise.

Taking Pandora for example. Not only are there different "up to date" versions of Pandora for each Android OS versions, there are also different versions depending if you have a 32bit or 64bit OS/phone.

Lots of people have phones on Android 5, 6, and even 7 now.

Don't have a recommendation for Sync 3 as I don't have a Fusion yet, however best bet is to be using a Nexus/Pixel device if you go the Android route. Even at that, Android 7 is brand new, may not work correctly.

If I do end up getting the Fusion at the end of the month, I'll test different combinations and let you know if one works better than another :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Big Blue -

Thank you for the enlightening post.

FYI, I'm using a Nexus 6 running Android 7.0. My wife has a Samsung J7 (2015 version) which I THINK is 6.0 (not sure about that).

Since my post on 4/3, the only issue I've ran into regarding this topic is the infrequent need to turn off Bluetooth on my phone, then back on in order to get the Sync 3 to recognize it. However, usage of Pandora has worked flawlessly (once paired).

As an aside, I'm very, very pleased with the FS. In my opinion, the car may not get the credit it deserves, definitely in a class by itself for domestic brands (with the possible exception of a Dodge Charger).

And...this coming from one of those "quirky" "never own anything but a Saab", former Saab owners.

I do hope that if you do get a FS, you will come back and post your findings re: this Sync 3 / Pandora issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my car for a week, and this problem came up quickly. I have found a way to make both the thumb up/down and the skip features work every time.
Step-by-Step
1. Have Pandora open on your phone before starting the car.
2. Start the car.
3. Go to Apps. (Avoid the Media Sources, it doesn't work)
4. Search for Apps.
5. Select Pandora.
It is infuriating that you have to do this every time...
With the car started, you can also close the Ford Pandora on the phone, Press NO to the restart on Sync, verify that Pandora is still open on the phone, and then go to apps.
I hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts