Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's early days for this particular model, but wondering what suspension options out there you guys would recommend, especially since the car comes with the pothole detection system...

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/02/18/all-new-ford-fusion-v6-sport-helps-protect-against-potholes.html

Will this inhibit the use of coil-overs or lowering springs at all? Not looking for anything crazy but would ideally like to drop the car between 1,5 and 2". What are the options?

Tire Rack shows 3 options for the 2017 sport: Suspension Products for 2017 Ford Fusion Sport

Something like this (Thanks to Iskarha for the original pic):

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm pretty certain if you only replace the springs the car will retain the electronic suspension. But in doing aftermarket springs on the stock struts it may cause premature wear on the struts as some have noticed the Focus ST. Looking on FordParts, new OEM shocks will cost nearly $900 total. I guess that's the risk you take haha.

I'm sure coilovers will be no problem for the car. Obviously you would lose the electronic suspension. Also, you may have to cap off an electrical connector and purchase a tune because it may throw a code. Other than that I don't see it being a problem.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Has anyone seen a good detailed article on the electronic suspension.
Is it mostly for ride quality or does it firm up on turn in, etc....?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty certain if you only replace the springs the car will retain the electronic suspension. But in doing aftermarket springs on the stock struts it may cause premature wear on the struts as some have noticed the Focus ST. Looking on FordParts, new OEM shocks will cost nearly $900 total. I guess that's the risk you take haha.

I'm sure coilovers will be no problem for the car. Obviously you would lose the electronic suspension. Also, you may have to cap off an electrical connector and purchase a tune because it may throw a code. Other than that I don't see it being a problem.
Makes sense, thanks. Ive done the Eibach/H&R spring thing before a handful of times and never had a problem with the OEM shocks dying but I usually get frustrated with the lack of fine tune-ability to dial it in just right. Will probably just go the coilover route once it's confirmed what the options are. This is my current vehicle below but i'm not looking to go that low with the Fusion... tired of having to plan routes in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's super clean :eek:

I definitely wouldn't want to bring the Fusion Sport too low either.. I want to be able to drive the pants off of it

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're looking for that low I guess you aren't to concerned with deleting the comfy electronic suspension then Hahaha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you're looking for that low I guess you aren't to concerned with deleting the comfy electronic suspension then Hahaha
As per my original post, I would not be looking to drop the Fusion that much, only in line with the image I posted.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Truee I feel that man

I just can't wait to get into that moment where I can utilize it as the sleeper it is lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
What about Steeda's 7/8" lowering springs? I haven't seen my sport in person yet, but I'm thinking a moderate drop with OEM 19×8.5" or +1 wheels would be pretty solid for everyday use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't go beyond the Steeda setup. Anything beyond this I am quite sure it will mess up the tuning of the shocks/struts. The Steeda units sound like the perfect setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts