Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 FFS, the suspension started creaking/squeaking over small bumps & dips at low speeds(under 25mph), pretty much when it bounces. Also the steering started squeaking occasionally just off of center at the same time(not consistently). I had the dealership take a look and when I had the oil changed but they were unable to replicate the issue. The sound is definitely coming from the front driver side suspension. Does anyone have any ideas? Also seems to be more consistent now at all speeds since it has warmed up outside.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had a lower front drivers side control arm replaced at 85k-ish that was doing what you describe.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Could be the ball joint or the sway bar link. they tend to make all kinds of racket when they get loose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would check ball joints/control arms, I had the exact same noise when my ball joints went out, happened to both sides first at 50k on the right and now I have it again on the left at 75k.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Long shot but if it was a used car. Possibly an aftermarket sway bar with polyurethane bushings. I have just lubed mine after 2 years and had a similar sound resolved.

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
482 Posts
Warped rotors will kill ball joints faster than anything on the Fusion, the FWD ones are even worse for it. It's because of the pulsating from the warped rotors, puts load on the ball joint back n forth as it " thumps " and wears it them out faster. Normal driving and millage will wear them out also, but warped rotors seem to speed things up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little added information, bought brand new in 2018, currently has 45k miles on it(80% highway). Had the ac belt replaced at 40k after a clamp broke and was rubbing on the belt which caused it to seize October 2020. Had front brakes replaced September 2020. Only modifications that have between made so far are the Steeda CAI and Boomba BOV adapter(just for a little noise, added benefit is it bugs my wife). If I have time(I've been on doubles at work for two weeks now) this weekend I'm going to take a look. Thank you all for the ideas, suggestions, and knowledge you have brought forth from your experiences.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Your welcome, I've just been in this business for 35 years, you tend to learn a few things as time goes by if you pay attention, :)

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
559 Posts
Does getting run over by a car as a kid count for suspension experience?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think that’s how I became so interested in tires!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts