Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with summer tires experienced an excessive amount of noise under the car from road debris (sand, dirt and small rocks) on paved roads. I test drove an all season equipped sport and don't remember hearing this in the short test drive. I also have a 14 Fusion with goodyear all seasons and don't experience this noise driving down the same roads. When I had my BMW it was equipped with bridgestone summer tires and I never experienced noise like this. I looked on tire rack and the ContiSportContact 5 doesn't have a really good rating in the sound category. Could this be fixed by replacing the tires with higher rated summer tires?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Summer tires are stickier then all seasons, so they will tend to hold debris from the road a little longer but it still gets kicked off the tire eventually and it hits the underside of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured, so probably the only way to make it quieter is some kind of sound deadening.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have 4 or 5 sets of sticky tires in different brands/grades. They all get a bit better at not picking up junk when worn/aged a bit.
That said, in the summer after a decent drive, I have a milled asphalt drive that goes from my paved drive to the pole barn
in back of house. Sometimes the tires are almost completely covered with that stuff in just a couple hundred feet. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts