Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out there isn't an option to get non-suede seats. I dread suede because of what I heard about how even water touching it will ruin it. And I'm a sort of a perfectionist who likes to keep my stuff at near 100% nice and clean. Spots of any kind would drive me nuts.

Has anyone had any problems with the suede? (Especially water).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I currently own a 2014 SE with leather seats and love them, i will have my Sport next week and this is something i was also concerned about. For one thing i heard that the suede they use in the sport is pretty resistant. Now i would be carefully with brand new dark jeans, specially if they are wet.

I personally plan to apply a scotchgard treatment in the first week and refresh every year or so. It worked for years on my good old sofa... i guess it will work in the car as well.

Hope it helps ;)

Pardon my poor grammar, i am from Montreal.

Scotchgard? Fabric & Upholstery Protector

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the suede in the few months I've had my Sport, and it is the same as Ford has used in a few other models in the past, so it holds up pretty well. I keep mine as pristine as possible as well. Either way, Miko has a list of what to do for different stains/spills and how to clean the fabric: Manufacturer Instructions

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I bought the interior package from the dealer. If it tears stains it gets fixed.

Reactions: ike

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would mask it off. That being said, to clean it/maintain it's quite easy but requires attention.

Get a spray bottle with some water, literally mist the water over the seats, get a microfiber and wipe them clean. Not scrub, but wipe. Flip sides and repeat. But scotchguard will definitely aid greatly in that respect.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I currently own a 2014 SE with leather seats and love them, i will have my Sport next week and this is something i was also concerned about. For one thing i heard that the suede they use in the sport is pretty resistant. Now i would be carefully with brand new dark jeans, specially if they are wet.

I personally plan to apply a scotchgard treatment in the first week and refresh every year or so. It worked for years on my good old sofa... i guess it will work in the car as well.

Hope it helps ;)

Pardon my poor grammar, i am from Montreal.

Scotchgard? Fabric & Upholstery Protector

Good call, that's what I plan to do

·
Registered
91 Posts
Long story short, I had a window malfunction during a car wash and the passenger side front seat got a blast of pre-wash foam. I was concerned about staining as well but used a damp towel right away and cleaned the seats. Can't tell anything ever happened! I'm also very very picky about vehicle care.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Has anyone tried to use any sort of protectant their Alcantara seats? I was thinking about Chemical Guys Fabric Guard, and don't know of much else out there. There are some Alcantara cleaners like Sonax Upholstry and Alcantara cleaner, but wanted something to protect it.

Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I picked up some Scotch Guard for Auto Seats. It worked great. Re-apply every 6 months or so. I just avoided the leather areas and wiped up any that happened to hit it. Then cleaned & protected the Leather Area with Chemical Guys Leather cleaner & conditioner.

So far, so good!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I picked up some Scotch Guard for Auto Seats. It worked great. Re-apply every 6 months or so. I just avoided the leather areas and wiped up any that happened to hit it. Then cleaned & protected the Leather Area with Chemical Guys Leather cleaner & conditioner.

So far, so good!
Awesome! I just bought Chemical Guys Fabric guard that's supposed to be in Friday. So I'll give that a try and make a separate post on it.

I am worried about the leather cleaners, will it damage the alcantara if the leather cleaner gets on it accidentally?

·
Registered
320 Posts
The fake suede is a lot tougher then you would think. Unless you have pets who constantly drag mud and stuff all over it they hold up well. I just wipe mine with a damp microfiber towel and let them air dry for the few small spills I have had (pop, ice cream and some other foods during road trips).

·
Registered
107 Posts
So do we officially have Suede or Alcantara seats? I've seen people mention both, but I feel like there wouldn't be "suede" in a fusion...my vote is Alcantara lol

·
Registered
608 Posts
So do we officially have Suede or Alcantara seats? I've seen people mention both, but I feel like there wouldn't be "suede" in a fusion...my vote is Alcantara lol

Hi FusionFrenzy. Wherever there is anything resembling suede in the car, it is Alcantara.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Isn't Miko a man-made, microfiber based product? I didn't think it was real suede.

Hence the name "Miko Suede"...

Hi joebrez. Whatever the product name of the upholstery in the Fusion may be (i.e. Alcantara, Miko Suede, Ultrasuede etc), it is a synthetic upholstery, not real suede.

More cleaning hints for Alcantara/Miko Suede:
"Stain Removal
In the case of localised stains and when your specific cleaning product is not available you can clean the material as follows:
- ACT FAST (preferably within 30 mnts)
- DO NOT pour any cleaning product directly onto the alcantara or suede.
- Remove as much of the spilled substance before you try to remove the stain.
- AVOID rubbing the affected area to prevent the stain from going deeper into the material.
- Use a well wrung white cloth or sponge to remove the stain (if a sponge is being used, rinse it in clean water and wring it very well between wipes).
- Begin treating the stain from the outside edge into the center to avoid spreading the stain."

Also:

And: https://www.google.com/search?clien...0i29i30j33i10i299j33i10i160j33i10.taVNxcuC5T4

Reactions: lyee

·
Registered
546 Posts
I used Scotchgard Auto fabric and carpet protector on all carpet and fabric part of seats. The only thing is to have wet towels ready to wipe over spray off leather.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts