Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so...anyone ever had this hose blow off before? I was WOT as I was getting on the interstate when It decided to let go; I thought a belt or something broke at first; didn’t throw any dash lights, definitely lost a lot of power but made it to next exit and popped the hood and that’s what I found.
Slipped it back on, tightened as much as I could with a multi-tool until I made it home and really tightened it down along with adding a twist or so to the clamp on the other end of this pipe/hose.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
looks like the tb hose

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes; that’s the end that connects to the throttle body. All factory parts, I’ve never removed it before.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
On my dad's 2017 Fusion Sport the factory didn't install the hose properly, it was like halfway on and halfway over the lip of the TB. I fixed it, his never slipped off or had any oil on the inside.

Chances are yours wasn't tightened down properly. Once oil gets on the rubber hoses it can make it very slippery but I'm not saying that was your issue. I'd recommend just checking for any cracks/damage, clean the mating surfaces and retighten the clamp.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I started a thread after I bought my car back in 2017 about this.
My hose keeps pulling off about 1/2" from the IC outlet, I've put it back on a few time but I believe the hose is a little
too short and accelerating hard rocks the engine enough to pull on it.
I installed the aftermarket rear motor mount and I noticed it doesn't pull off as much anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts