Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a new to me 18 Sport. If anyone has lowering springs or a strut tower brace in good condition please let me know, If love to buy some for the right price!
Thank all!

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Congrats. The strut tower brace definitely improves ride quality but I just installed the rear sway bar and that really improves cornering. Can be installed in less than an hour too.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Just know unless someone is selling their car, don't expect to find a used one. I would suggest waiting for a Steeda sale if the price is too steep.
You spent guessing $19,000, go ahead and spend another $300 to improve your car in a big way that does not mess up the warranty. That same $300 will feel like you spent $2000 with the improved driving experience.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I prefer the factory strut tower brace.

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
I never saved the photos but I found the original thread here: Strut Tower Brace Resting on Reservoir

That's why the Steeda strut tower brace did absolutely zero for handling/feel when I installed mine. My Steeda brace also kept rubbing on the brake reservoir, and Steeda had replaced my bar with another of the same design. Several members here claimed there were 2 bar designs, and a re-design for the Sport brace. Both times the brace I got from Steeda directly was verified 100% to be a Sport brace, but basically rested on the brake reservoir. I returned it and chalked it up to half-assed Steeda engineering/design.

·
Registered
992 Posts
FWIW my SHO and my Explorer both came from the factory with a strut tower brace. I see the 2020 Explorer also comes from the factory with one installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts