Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This story may be a little long, but it may help some people in the future. So, I recently purchased a new FuSpo in April. I went to the dealership on April 30, because I was graduating college and had a job lined up and decided it was time to get rid of my 2010 Sport (which never let me down), it was tuned and had a few more bolt-ons. Anyway, test drove a 2017 and noticed there was grinding when braking, turns out it was a rock and that was resolved. Also, three tpms sensors were faulty and that was also resolved. But even with all these faults, I decided to go and still get the car. I was washing it one day with my father and he noticed the front fender was a different paint than the rest of the car. It was more hazy looking than shiny. So, my father, who has worked on cars his whole life basically saved my a**. We went back to the dealership and told them what we believed happened. We said that three tires were stolen and a fender was also stolen. They seemed to be assuring that nothing was wrong, but after reviewing the OASIS report we found out that ford, did not report them stolen, but missing and filed a warranty claim. So it never had to be reported. So what we believed to have happened also turned out to be true. In the end we eventually agreed that a new car was in order and that is what I ended up with. I received a brand new FuSpo in return and have been happy ever since. Just be careful out there fellow FuSpo owners, make sure to look over the car and don't rush! I fell in love too quickly, but it was worth it. >:)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Maybe the couldn't find the bales of pot in the trunk so they took the wheels an fender. Lol jk
Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I was sent picture by a family member (below), about what has been going on down there. No fusion is safe

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine was custom ordered last year, but when they were unloading it from the truck they scratched the paint at the bottom of the front bumper.

Luckily the dealer was honest with me & told me about it, so had to wait another 10 days for them to get a new front bumper and put it on.
If they hadn't said anything I would have never bent down & looked under - another place to keep in mind.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine was custom ordered last year, but when they were unloading it from the truck they scratched the paint at the bottom of the front bumper.

Luckily the dealer was honest with me & told me about it, so had to wait another 10 days for them to get a new front bumper and put it on.
If they hadn't said anything I would have never bent down & looked under - another place to keep in mind.

Wow, at least they were honest. The dealership worked with us to resolve the issue, but it was a shame we were not aware of the issue to begin with. But, that's the way of business. I went over the new car up, down and sideways. It just looked newer than the other one, if that makes sense. Im glad everything worked out for you and hope you enjoy your Sport!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts