Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you know I had to have my wheel redone a short while back for some curb rash... Everything came out well there, but not everyone is going to be able to find a wheel repair place that can do a nice job on a hyper finish.

So, I wondered: What would the wheels look like just painted black? I threw together a quick photoshop, and truth be told, I'm rather liking it - especially on the Ruby Red. If I end up curbing another wheel, I have to decide whether I want to try and match the hyper again (which can be very difficult), or if I want to just get them painted black.

Here's the factory color (hyper gray color):

Here's the photoshop'd black wheels:

Keeping in mind it's overcast in the picture so the wheels look darker than usual in the factory color, what do you think?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not a big fan of black wheels but those don't look bad at all. I wonder how nice they would really look painted Ford Tuxedo Black. With all the flake. I also wonder how they would look with a bright finish.
What sort of "bright" finish did you have in mind?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think the black looks dece on the red/blue/white paints. Having the Shadow Black gets a little too dark and monotone for my liking, so for my set up, I'd avoid it.

I would be curious to see what a nice polish chrome or silver would look like.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm very tempted to see what it would cost to repaint all 4 in said tuxedo flake black above... If it's not more than a couple hundred, I might have to pull the trigger.

ron, if you want me to do a photoshop on your car specifically, send me a pic of it and lemme know what color you want.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I know there are plenty of people who don't like it, but I plastidip my wheels matte black. I like the black and red look, and not crazy about the grey from factory.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think I must be the only person on earth who likes chrome. If I didn't already have a set of wheels, I'd probably paint the stock wheels. Not necessarily the whole wheel but I would definitely put some bright silver accents between the spokes or something. I thought the stock wheels would grow on me, but I just can't get into them, even with all the quality pictures that have been posted here on the forum.

I wish there was a chrome 5-spoke or multi-spoke option for the sport, that would suit my taste the best. I hate that in this day and age, "sport" variants of cars always have to come with darkened accents. And by that same token, if the grille was a chrome mesh instead of gloss black I'd be in heaven.

Also, I'd consider some kind of bright/brilliant white paint for the wheels as well for a blue or red car. I've always liked the Blue/White or Red/White combo.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
chrome has its place. I like chrome on an old impala, but on more modern cars, I am not a fan. Especially cause its pretty much all painted plastic...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts