Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a massive pothole in an interstate construction zone. It was about 2.5 feet across and maybe 6 inches deep. I was doing 60-65. That was the hardest hit I ever took in a car. It felt like the wheel should have been torn off. I expected the wheel to be bent. All it got was a small abrasion from the broken concrete that I think was in the bottom of the hole. I took the wheel off when I got home and I could see where the rim protector part of the tire had wrapped up and around the rim. It left shiny marks on both sides of the rim. So far, the tire doesn't show any damage either. I didn't feel as much of a hit from the rear tire. Wonder if the front hit caused the rear to "skip" over it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If it was truly that hard, I would get the whole front end checked out. Its great that the wheel didnt bend or break, but that just means it wasnt the weakest link in the chain...

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
I didn't feel as much of a hit from the rear tire. Wonder if the front hit caused the rear to "skip" over it.
That's thanks to the pothole detection they have with our suspension in the Sport.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was truly that hard, I would get the whole front end checked out. Its great that the wheel didnt bend or break, but that just means it wasnt the weakest link in the chain...
I looked it over while I had the wheel off. Everything looks OK and it still tracks straight. I'll keep an eye on that corner to make sure the tire doesn't start showing odd wear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts