Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it didn't take long, I've already curb rashed one of my wheels. Anyone have stock wheels for sale? :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
There a item# to our rims?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I came so close a couple weeks ago. Stopped for lunch downtown with a coworker and the meter I pulled up to was out of order. Backed up to another meter and didn't realize how close I was to the curb until I heard the sidewall of the tire scraping. Luckily, just scraped the sidewall a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I went through a carwash a few weeks after buying mine and the attendant was "guiding" me into the tire rails. Well, his guidance was lacking and i felt the rim hit the beginning of the rail pretty hard. I thought for sure i was gonna have a knarly booboo, but it turns out it broke my valve stem cap and left the rim unscathed.

Twas a close call, and i now know not to trust others to give a rat's ear about my car.

·
Registered
188 Posts
He had one job... one job ! Glad you didn't get any serious damages though. Luckily the caps are ridiculously easy to find.. even if you go to a tech at Ford and ask him to grab you one, they have tons of them laying around.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
He had one job... one job ! Glad you didn't get any serious damages though. Luckily the caps are ridiculously easy to find.. even if you go to a tech at Ford and ask him to grab you one, they have tons of them laying around.
I picked up some nice black anodized aluminum ones from the Mart of Wal.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well it didn't take long, I've already curb rashed one of my wheels. Anyone have stock wheels for sale? :D
Lol..

Maybe don't think about it for a while. Depending on how bad it is... maybe after a year you won't care about it anymore?

I won't forget when I bought my current car, every little scrape on the car and RIM I was pissed about. After a year and a half of owning it, I'm happy I didn't spend the hundreds of dollars it would have cost to get a RIM.

You could also have the outside part refinished maybe? That could be a lot cheaper than spending $800-900

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So yeah, update, the damage was relatively minor and I had it repaired. It took an hour and cost all of $90 and it looks good as new. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just checked google and yelp for 'wheel repair' and found a bunch of shops in my area that specialize in just that. For what it's worth I went with these folks: EUROBEATWHEELS I got quotes from two shops and they were the lowest (for reference the other shop quoted $135). It's amazing what they can fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts