Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a set of factory Ford struts/shocks.
Don't plan on getting rid of this car any time soon, and figure those
adj struts may never be produced aftermarket.

Anyone grab a set and what did you pay?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I know the rears listed for around 400 a side, but that was a few years ago too. Nobody will ever come out with a aftermarket replacement for them, just not a big enough market I think.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
878 Posts
Bought a full set from TASCA for $920.00 July 2021. Took about 6 weeks to get them. Haven't put them on yet.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought a full set from TASCA for $920.00 July 2021. Took about 6 weeks to get them. Haven't put them on yet.
Have that many miles, or they just feel like they are shot?

Were these the PN's you got?

Looks like $910.76 incd shipping and tax.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L TT AWD
878 Posts
Na, have 60k miles. I wanted to go ahead and get a set, since I had no idea how long they would be making them.
I figure I will put them on next year.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I’m at 133k and fronts are original, rears failed at 80k-ish. The RR leaked and the LR servo failed. It happened during COVID lockdowns and it took iirc ordering them twice and at least 6-8 weeks to get them then.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would these give a more comfortable ride? Roads in E WA aren't very pleasant overall, can feel like I'm on a bucking bronco (not Bronco). I've a few miles on my '14 FFE, not a fan of the sporty (read "very stiff") suspension.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m at 133k and fronts are original, rears failed at 80k-ish. The RR leaked and the LR servo failed. It happened during COVID lockdowns and it took iirc ordering them twice and at least 6-8 weeks to get them then.
You still have the one that leaked? I've been wanting to look at the circuit (if any) inside that strut and/or figure out what signal/voltage it gets
to make a lat accel based switch to firm (bypassing whatever the current setting was)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You still have the one that leaked? I've been wanting to look at the circuit (if any) inside that strut and/or figure out what signal/voltage it gets
to make a lat accel based switch to firm (bypassing whatever the current setting was)
I kept that thing for almost 2 years and just last summer I scrapped it! Now I wish I hadn’t. It would have been cool to see what you might have figured out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts