Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Friend and I drove an AWD GT in the rain, and maybe it was in some rear biased mode, but it almost spun out around corners like a RWD when pushed very hard. The Sports AWD does what I would want it to do virtually 100% of the time. The only time it got taxed was pre-boosting on a sticky 1/4 mile track, where it seemed like fronts were spinning and rears were not (still ran 12.7's on my second pass ever with the car, but I have been racing AWD's for a long time, back into even my Talon/EVO days). But I've never had one issue on the street, it kills it in the rain pulling out HARD into a 50 MPH speed limit road with traffic (where most are doing 60), @ a 90 degree intersection.
Even the awd version of the stinger is 60/40 rear biased in sport mode. Gotta drive in comfort or eco for it to balance, and still you'll fight a heavy wide car that wants to spin rear tires for a nanosecond first.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Even the awd version of the stinger is 60/40 rear biased in sport mode. Gotta drive in comfort or eco for it to balance, and still you'll fight a heavy wide car that wants to spin rear tires for a nanosecond first.
Ihave seen some videos that pretty much say the same thing. The video thought the car did well in the snow even when the car spun around he felt he had it under control. The guy also said what you said about you had to use eco or comfort if you were driving in a lot of snow. I have not driven in a lot of snow with my FFS as simce i bought it we have not had a lot of snow. But i did notice in rain the FFS does not lose traction.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Bot_Rocket, The G70 3.3 Sport new is not cheap and the RS3 new is not cheap and it is very fast but small. I am wary of buying a used Audi. If you actually like the Bronco I can't see how you would drive an RS3 it is really small.
Size isn't much of a consideration for me. If my kids can fit, it's big enough. My considerations consist of about 50% fun, 20% winter capability, and 30% family friendly.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Diablo, You keep mentioning you have to fight a heavy wide car in talking about the Stinger GT, in actual dimensions the FFS is actually wider and a little heavier. The FFS is also longer so the Sport has the bigger foot print. The front and rear track are also very close the Stinger is 1/10th" wider on the front track and 1.3" wider than the Sport on the rear track. The numbers don't really support the statement that compared to the Sport the Stinger is a heavy wide car unless by your statement you mean they are both heavy wide cars. When you drive the Stinger it may feel that way to you.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
92 Posts
Diablo, You keep mentioning you have to fight a heavy wide car in talking about the Stinger GT, in actual dimensions the FFS is actually wider and a little heavier. The FFS is also longer so the Sport has the bigger foot print. The front and rear track are also very close the Stinger is 1/10th" wider on the front track and 1.3" wider than the Sport on the rear track. The numbers don't really support the statement that compared to the Sport the Stinger is a heavy wide car unless by your statement you mean they are both heavy wide cars. When you drive the Stinger it may feel that way to you.
Honestly I would imagine it comes down to Ford having a more conservative TC system for maintaining control and less of a RWD bias. FWD is inherently more stable for low traction conditions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Honestly I would imagine it comes down to Ford having a more conservative TC system for maintaining control and less of a RWD bias. FWD is inherently more stable for low traction conditions.
DarkArkAngel, Sounds good to me Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What are you guys doing to get any AWD car to "almost spin out" on the street? Going in hard and lifting off?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What are you guys doing to get any AWD car to "almost spin out" on the street? Going in hard and lifting off?
On the Stinger? Just getting on it about halfway through the corner in the rain. Same as I've done on
the fusion hundreds of times. Can't say I know what mode I was in, it was just a test drive. But it was
more unstable on all seasons, then my fusion is on summer tires, doing the same stuff in the rain.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
92 Posts
On the Stinger? Just getting on it about halfway through the corner in the rain. Same as I've done on
the fusion hundreds of times. Can't say I know what mode I was in, it was just a test drive. But it was
more unstable on all seasons, then my fusion is on summer tires, doing the same stuff in the rain.
Interesting, I live in Utah and have relatively good AS tires and have managed to get rear turn out when flooring through an intersection on a wet day, one of my favorite things to do actually. XD Maybe down to car?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm starting to see more Stingers. I think I saw my 3rd one the other day. That's about on-par or more than MKZ 3.0's I've seen on the road. With the MKZ, I have to really really really look hard at the trunk to see if it is a 2.0 or 3.0, Lincoln probably could have done something to make the 3.0 stand out more easily.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm starting to see more Stingers. I think I saw my 3rd one the other day. That's about on-par or more than MKZ 3.0's I've seen on the road. With the MKZ, I have to really really really look hard at the trunk to see if it is a 2.0 or 3.0, Lincoln probably could have done something to make the 3.0 stand out more easily.
You're lucky you see any MKZ 3.0s, or FFSes for that matter. I still don't think I've seen either in the wild. I know there are at least a couple others down in my neck of the woods because they're on the forums here, but I've never seen (that I can recall) any FFS or MKZ 3.0 examples out running around. They're pretty rare for whatever reason.

Now Stingers, yeah I've seen a number of those and they're getting more common.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I've seen probably a dozen or more Fusion Sports. Easy to spot from the quad exhaust.

MKZ 3.0 maybe 1 or 2 since they were released and this is in Ford country SE MI but they are hard to spot since the 3.0 badging from afar could be a 2.0

·
Registered
386 Posts
What funny to me, here in Shreveport I have seen 4 or 5 MKZ 3.0. All driven by women that I would guess are 60+ in age. I am the only FFS in Shreveport that I have seen.

Reactions: metroplex
21 - 34 of 34 Posts