Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the Stinger Forum has much more traffic than the Fusion Sport forum. Stinger forum is very busy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of mechanical problems means lots of people looking for answers. Lol. Jk jk.
You could very well be correct. I have been looking at Stinger GT but so far have not been able to get myself to buy it.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
15 Posts
The Stinger is in current manufacture . Our cars have been out of production almost 2 model years. I think BOT_ROCKET is correct in his assumption.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a rwd gt1 that was flipped to an awd gt2 due to paint issues.
Loved the car. Sucked in snow but was a bit faster than the FFS. Unfortunately it was a lease and I took a job that requires driving so I traded it with 6k on the clock for my FFS. I saved a potential expensive end of lease bill and about $125 a month in payment.
If my car caught fire or something id probably lease a genesis g70 and just pay for the miles ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
If my car caught fire or something id probably lease a genesis g70
Same. If I were to get rid of my Sport (again) for another car, it would be a G70 3.3t Sport or RS3. More likely, though, I wouldn't get another car. I'd probably get a Bronco and drive my Stang when I want to be lower to the ground.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same. If I were to get rid of my Sport (again) for another car, it would be a G70 3.3t Sport or RS3. More likely, though, I wouldn't get another car. I'd probably get a Bronco and drive my Stang when I want to be lower to the ground.
Bot_Rocket, The G70 3.3 Sport new is not cheap and the RS3 new is not cheap and it is very fast but small. I am wary of buying a used Audi. If you actually like the Bronco I can't see how you would drive an RS3 it is really small.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a rwd gt1 that was flipped to an awd gt2 due to paint issues.
Loved the car. Sucked in snow but was a bit faster than the FFS. Unfortunately it was a lease and I took a job that requires driving so I traded it with 6k on the clock for my FFS. I saved a potential expensive end of lease bill and about $125 a month in payment.
If my car caught fire or something id probably lease a genesis g70 and just pay for the miles ahead of time.
Diablojoe, You mean the RWD GT1 sucked in snow correct? The AWD GT2 should drive good in snow? You had the Stingers so you should know but by reading the numbers I think the Stinger is more than a bit faster than the FFS at least stock to stock. You seem to like Ford's they should have put the 3.5 in the Edge ST, but Ford was probably protecting the Explorer ST a vehicle they will continue making versus the EDGE which will end after 2022.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I noticed the Stinger Forum has much more traffic than the Fusion Sport forum. Stinger forum is very busy.
Over at the Stinger Forum, they're trying too hard to avoid talking about this epic encounter (described here, in our forum at Kia Stinger GT ) that one of their new Stinger GT's had with our own @Shawnski and his FFS.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
67 Posts
Diablojoe, You mean the RWD GT1 sucked in snow correct? The AWD GT2 should drive good in snow? You had the Stingers so you should know but by reading the numbers I think the Stinger is more than a bit faster than the FFS at least stock to stock. You seem to like Ford's they should have put the 3.5 in the Edge ST, but Ford was probably protecting the Explorer ST a vehicle they will continue making versus the EDGE which will end after 2022.
No, the AWD was terrible. You'd think the AWD would be better, but it's not. A rear 60/40 bias and super wide body and tires might have been the reasons. Either way it was not able to be trusted.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, the AWD was terrible. You'd think the AWD would be better, but it's not. A rear 60/40 bias and super wide body and tires might have been the reasons. Either way it was not able to be trusted.
Thanks for the response. The rear tires must be pretty wide.

·
Super Moderator
1,417 Posts
The forums here have just been quiet recently. Things around here are usually pretty active, especially considering how small of a user base (comparatively) we are. I know I personally just haven't had time for anything outside of work through this whole pandemic (internet browsing & forums included), I'm sure many others are the same.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Friend and I drove an AWD GT in the rain, and maybe it was in some rear biased mode, but it almost spun out around corners like a RWD when pushed very hard. The Sports AWD does what I would want it to do virtually 100% of the time. The only time it got taxed was pre-boosting on a sticky 1/4 mile track, where it seemed like fronts were spinning and rears were not (still ran 12.7's on my second pass ever with the car, but I have been racing AWD's for a long time, back into even my Talon/EVO days). But I've never had one issue on the street, it kills it in the rain pulling out HARD into a 50 MPH speed limit road with traffic (where most are doing 60), @ a 90 degree intersection.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts