Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Ruby Red 401a Fusion Sport on July 22nd. I am still waiting, the good news is it should be here sometime this week. I already have my AFE Pro Dry S. Waiting until spring for my tune to see what happens between Unleashed and LMS. I ordered some Winter wheels and tires, as the weather here in Wisconsin can get pretty bad and I trust pure snow tires more than the all seasons.

So now, I am down to the last little bit before the car should be in. I will check it out ahead of time, then it will go get window tint right away, and then it comes home with daddy.

My next step will be pulling off the plastic, inspecting the car, and then a good wash and wax.

I am excited for it to come in. I am hoping to get a few weeks before the snow hits so I can enjoy the car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I wish I could do it all again. The day u get it is the best. Earning all the new buttons.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ordered my Ruby Red 401a Fusion Sport on July 22nd. I am still waiting, the good news is it should be here sometime this week.
I understand your pain! I waited more that a hundred days for mine to arrive. I think you should get some good drive time yet before the snow flies. It's worth the wait!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What plastic? Thought the dealer takes care of all that. I hear you about hoping the snow holds off. Picking up a new ride on friday and want to enjoy it for a while.
I asked them to leave it all on, and I will take care of it. My 2010 Fusion Sport when I got it because they pulled off the plastic and washed it with crummy sponges and everything had a lot of swirls and small scratches. I want to do it myself, that way if there are any issues, I will be the only one to blame.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I recently sold my 2010 Cts-4 because I decided to let a company detail it. I brought it to them absolutely perfect so proud of the black paint, not a single swirl. Until I got it back. Made me nuts couldn't get it back to perfect. That's why I bought my fusion sport sooner than later. So I am in complete agreement I am the only one who touches this car. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's why I got white this time. Would have nightmares of the swirls. Not really but drove me crazy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It was between the White platinum or silver. No dark color this time. I really like the mustang blue grappler blue?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well as of a little while ago I went from ETA of 10/14 now to 10/22... I am really pissed at this point

·
Registered
100 Posts
My ETA changed from 10/21 to 10/27 then back to 10/26 all within a couple of days to northern California. Maybe your train is going through hurricane ravaged lands?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My ETA changed from 10/21 to 10/27 then back to 10/26 all within a couple of days to northern California. Maybe your train is going through hurricane ravaged lands?
No, its sitting in a train yard in Illinois. No Hurricanes to be worried about in the three hour drive between there and here.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Man, I'd go insane if the date changed for the worse with my delivery

·
Registered
55 Posts
At least your car has been built. Ordered my car on 9/14 and still hasn't been pulled to be made. I guess this is what I get for ordering a car from a shitty low volume dealer.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At least your car has been built. Ordered my car on 9/14 and still hasn't been pulled to be made. I guess this is what I get for ordering a car from a shitty low volume dealer.
Well my order was placed 7/22 and didn't get pulled until 9/19. Finishing production a week later 9/26. So hopefully yours goes better than mine.

On a separate note, I called Ford themselves, put in a complaint against the dealership. Have a call out to one of the dealership owners to talk, so he better return my call tomorrow and better make some time for me to talk. They already tried to tell me there was nothing to do, but now we are even further out then when I last talked to him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Longest I've ever had to wait on a vehicle, ordered a 99 Superduty a week before Christmas 98 and didn't get it until the first week of April. But I'm guessing there was more of a demand for the SuperDuty being new at the time than the Fusion sport is now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm in the same boat now. My car has been sitting in a train yard since Tuesday afternoon (10/4) of last week and still no sign of delivery. My estimated delivery date just disappeared completely after it went by. Its only an hour away from me though, and I'm tempted to hire some hillbilly car transport to go get the **** thing. I find it ridiculous that it can make it all the way from mexico to Ohio in about 15 days, but it can't get from Lordstown OH, to Mentor OH in that same amount of time. Infuriating. My order went in the first week of August, Which makes this week 10.

Also, 08superduty, It takes a long while for it to get a build date. Mine didn't have a build date until 5 weeks after the order was placed, so just be patient for another week or so, you're not out of the normal time frame yet.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel your pain vinny. i am pissed. sitting down with one of the owners of the dealership tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
246 Posts
Possibly worth mentioning, or maybe just coincidence, our cars were produced and shipped within a couple days of each other. Also, we got almost the same car, Mines Blue though.

Hopefully you get some answers, I'll be interested to hear the excuses...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts