Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Hi All,

Took 2 tries at the dealership to get it right, after I notified them of the ACM fix that I read about on this forum. Now my forced induction noise over the speakers doesn't work....but at least I have a car that works!
Not to get off topic, but your dealer them reset the ACM & DACMC and apply AsBuilt to the modules. That will fix the enhanced engine noise. Had to do mine twice (first time fixed the battery issue, second time fixed the engine sound & active noise cancellation).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum. I've been a reader since I took delivery of my '17 Fusion Sport in October. Of course, I had the intermittent parasitic battery drain issue within the first month. Took 2 tries at the dealership to get it right, after I notified them of the ACM fix that I read about on this forum. Now my forced induction noise over the speakers doesn't work....but at least I have a car that works!

In any case, has anyone on here experienced / have steering wheel shimmy? It is a slight back and forth shaking of the steering wheel at any speed above 20 miles per hour. I think I can also feel the car shaking, as if there is a slightly out of balance wheel, which makes me think it's something beyond the steering system. If anyone could provide input or fix ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
MKballer
I once had a VW Jetta in for a brake job and a pair of new tires on the rear and had the existing rear wheels put on the front. As soon as I left the garage there was a shimmy that wasn't there when I took the car in. They re-balanced the wheels with the new tires and same thing. Then they broke tire tires from the rims, re-cleaned, rotated the tire, inflated and re-balanced. Shimmy still there. After they had spent over an hour trying to solve the problem they got the head mechanic to have a look. He carefully rotated the existing tires (from the rear) and using a light carefully felt with his hand all the way around. Claimed there was likely some broken cords where there was a very slight bulge in the tire. I remember not long before that I had hit a pothole or uneven pavement fairly hard. So I bought another pair of tires and the problem was solved. I didn't think such a small problem would result in such a shimmy. So it is possible that you have a tire problem.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Are you saying the processes you mention are to re-enable the engine sound thru the speakers? I thought the dead battery fix took out the piped in sound for good. And that some people preferred the sound gone... As for active noise canceling --- is that something that got messed up by the dead battery ACM fix? I'm trying to understand your comments on DACMC and AsBuit. Seems important but I don't fullly understand what you are saying. Any clarification would be appreciated.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeah, I created the other post. Definitely inconclusive so far.

How bad is yours? Mine has gotten a little better at 1500 miles now.

When I take my car in to get the Rear Sway Bar installed, I'm going to get all tires/rims road force balanced. If that fixes the issue, it's safe to say the car never really came correctly balanced from the factory.

I can post an update if you'd like.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah, I created the other post. Definitely inconclusive so far.

How bad is yours? Mine has gotten a little better at 1500 miles now.

When I take my car in to get the Rear Sway Bar installed, I'm going to get all tires/rims road force balanced. If that fixes the issue, it's safe to say the car never really came correctly balanced from the factory.

I can post an update if you'd like.
Please update when you have this done

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Are you saying the processes you mention are to re-enable the engine sound thru the speakers? I thought the dead battery fix took out the piped in sound for good. And that some people preferred the sound gone... As for active noise canceling --- is that something that got messed up by the dead battery ACM fix? I'm trying to understand your comments on DACMC and AsBuit. Seems important but I don't fullly understand what you are saying. Any clarification would be appreciated.
DACMC is another module attached to the ACM. Enhanced Engine Noise was not taken out of the software for good, Ford just pushed a bad update at first, and shortly after released another update. Enganced Engine Noise and Active Noise Control come from the same module - if one doesn't work, the other isn't working either, and it is not operating properly due to the update.

·
Registered
556 Posts
DACMC is another module attached to the ACM. Enhanced Engine Noise was not taken out of the software for good, Ford just pushed a bad update at first, and shortly after released another update. Enganced Engine Noise and Active Noise Control come from the same module - if one doesn't work, the other isn't working either, and it is not operating properly due to the update.
Well I don't have the Enhanced Engine Noise. So it sounds like Active Noise Control is probably not working then. What do I tell the dealer to do, specifically? My dealership is pretty good at following the guideance I give them, but I don't know what to ask them to do. The only software update I had AFAIK was the one for that corrected the dead battery problem.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Read your earlier post. If I ask the dealer to "reset the ACM & DACMC and apply AsBuilt to the modules" --- that sounds like the instruction to get active noise back and noise cancellation back?

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Correct, tell them the issue (that Active Noise Control and Enhanced Engine Noise are not working since the last update). Have them check for another update, but at minimum let them know exactly what you said above. It's worked for mine as well as many others'.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Correct, tell them the issue (that Active Noise Control and Enhanced Engine Noise are not working since the last update). Have them check for another update, but at minimum let them know exactly what you said above. It's worked for mine as well as many others'.
Super helpful and that is what I will do. Thank you! This forum and folks like you are a real bonus for FS owners!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Posted in my other thread. One wheel was off by 3.5 ounces. Will fully test it in the morning

·
Registered
556 Posts
Gave dealer all the instructions and they came back with -- it's already got the most recent updates. They put a question onto Ford tech engineers and no answer back yet on that. Now I am wondering if I actually have a malfunction, or not. I can certainly hear the engine in "S" mode. And how would you know if active noise cancellation is working, or not? I looked thru the threads and it seems like pulling fuse #33 is a way to diagnose and see if Engine noise in the cabin changes (reduces)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts