Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have heard a noise (squeal-like) when exiting my subdivision (concrete road) onto highway (asphault). This happens when I have to make a hard left since the subdivision street is perpendicular to the highway. I have added some steering fluid to the reservoir, but that didn't solve the problem. Any thoughts? I have had this car since new and it currently has only 13,970 miles. (Yes, I don't drive much!)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Recently I have heard a noise (squeal-like) when exiting my subdivision (concrete road) onto highway (asphault). This happens when I have to make a hard left since the subdivision street is perpendicular to the highway. I have added some steering fluid to the reservoir, but that didn't solve the problem. Any thoughts? I have had this car since new and it currently has only 13,970 miles. (Yes, I don't drive much!)
Hi vtm. Noises can be difficult to diagnose. Noise over the Internet which we can not hear, are that much more difficult to diagnose.

Does it also squeal when making hard rights? Could be the serpentine belt. I would inspect the serpentine belt or preferably have it checked.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your fast reply. No, it does not make that noise if and when I have to exit my street making a right turn, which I rarely ever do. After 10 years, I agree that all belts need checked and will have local Ford dealer do so next month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts