Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up installing a set of Steedas springs. The installation was pretty straightforward, but there were a couple of things that were different which bear mentioning.
The bolts holding the struts are threaded, which means that once you take the nuts off, flip them over and run them on flush with the end of the bolt. That allows you to use a brass drift and hammer to push the bolt loose.
In the back, the hangup is the lower control arm. Even when you think you have everything loose, and the spring collapsed enough, it still needs a bit more. For me, it was just a second set of hands to press down on the lower arm. The bushings don't let it just hang at full extension. So, that little extra push gets the job done.
Pictures below of a dirty car sitting an inch lower.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woj, the drop is an inch all around. The rears are a progressive wind vs. the OEM linear. They feel nice, and the car is tighter, but smooth.

Bluedot, yes they are the Sparco Podios. 19x8.5 5x108.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Woj, the drop is an inch all around. The rears are a progressive wind vs. the OEM linear. They feel nice, and the car is tighter, but smooth.

Bluedot, yes they are the Sparco Podios. 19x8.5 5x108.
Thank you Bitten for the info!
Car looks very good with new springs and Sparco Rims.
I really like the shapes of rims. Do you remember how ET is (arround 40?)?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
How do they ride ? I'm toying with the idea of picking up a set of H n R springs, but don't want a harsh ride. A bit stiffer is fine, but I'm not into have the fillings knocked out of my teeth

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
nice sparco wheels - are those Podio - Matte Graphite Silver?
(sorry off topic)
More like gun metal was what I was thinking, I think Graphite is a bit brighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts