Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was speaking with TJ from Steeda the other day about future offerings for the platform and was really excited to get this response:

Karl - yes, we [have] our 2017 Fusion Sport that we have been doing part fitment tests on ... you will see more down the road, including sways, CAI & more

no more details than that right now but I will keep everyone posted as I learn more.

Anything else that you guys are looking for from the aftermarket? I would like to compile a list to present to some other companies as far as what the owners are looking for.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anything else that you guys are looking for from the aftermarket? I would like to compile a list to present to some other companies as far as what the owners are looking for.
Some springs that would mesh properly with the Magnaride shocks. You can't drop it to much as it will throw off the valving. It would be nice to see like a 1" drop or somewhat less so it can work with the shocks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Downpipe and race pipes/mid pipe to delete the rear cats.
At least some sort of a bolt on muffler axle back or cat back system.
Downpipe and muffler or muffler delete are at the top of my list
I have spoken with 2 companies that are interested in developing downpipes and at least one that is interested in making a cat back exhaust. I will be using my car as a R&D car once I take delivery and will post more at that time as they have not given me permission to discuss anything yet.

Some springs that would mesh properly with the Magnaride shocks. You can't drop it to much as it will throw off the valving. It would be nice to see like a 1" drop or somewhat less so it can work with the shocks.
I spoke with Ceika and they are interested in developing a big brake kit as well as coilovers for the car, I mentioned the electronic suspension but they didn't reply in regards to that.

Upgraded intercooler would be nice, along with a full turbo back exhaust.
Nick at Levels is working on an intercooler as we speak.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I spoke with Ceika and they are interested in developing a big brake kit as well as coilovers for the car, I mentioned the electronic suspension but they didn't reply in regards to that.
A C/O kit would be nice that uses the OEM Magnaride shocks and it has to have adjustable ride height from OEM to whatever.

Dave

·
Registered
305 Posts
I will keep everyone posted as I find out more!
I got the same response a couple of weeks ago, but they asked to keep it quiet until they released it. Another tuner who we all know said they were going to do a full exhaust--release date late January:D. cockerdogs

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just received a handwritten thank you card from Steeda.

I cannot recall getting that kind of after sales follow up before.

Class act.

My strut tower brace waits patiently to be installed on my sick Sport.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I got one too. Thought it was very nice. Now, I'm looking at this!

That is funny.
I'm on the site right now.

I put the anodized hood release and the hood kit in the cart.
I just need to make sure this sway bar is the correct one for our cars and if it is actually beefier than the stock
Sport bar. ?

15% off and free shipping ends today

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hurry up and give em ****, then come back and give us your opinions. I wanna auto cross this year so, try and beat the **** out of it in tight areas

·
Registered
27 Posts
Methinks that since AWD, with significantly different front/rear weight distribution than the excellent Steeda rear sway bar I installed on our 2010 4 cylinder, stick, but not stiff enough for FS? Need Super Duty front and rear sway bars. Soft springs, good damping, and STIFF sway bars equal best handling? Don't be shy, Steeda, an FS on steroids may handle better than a Mustang since FS AWD....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ordered the hood lift kit, release latch and the strut tower bar. The strut tower bar is so tiny compared to the triangulated one I installed on my 91 Mustang.

Now I have to wait a few month for it to warm up enough to install these items. Currently -4°F (-20°C).

Reactions: Flew

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ordered the hood lift kit, release latch and the strut tower bar. The strut tower bar is so tiny compared to the triangulated one I installed on my 91 Mustang.

Now I have to wait a few month for it to warm up enough to install these items. Currently -4°F (-20°C).
What part# did you use for hood lift kit as I did not see one listed for a Fusion just Mustang?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts