Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit from Steeda, $50 here/Canada. Only $20 in the states but the border is closed & the shipping is crazy.

Anybody in Canada find a substitute that works well? Or the stuff so good/special that I should just get it?

Off topic - the last kit, bottle/spray nozzle was hooped. Transferred it & the new bottle recently cracked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
K & N kit? Same price.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Off topic: If you are using the Steeda hot air intake, you should consider finding the right sized K&N dry wrap. These look like panty hose stockings that slip over the K&N filters and they come in different colors you can match to your car paint. Anyhow they do not restrict air flow but prevent small to large sized grit from collecting in your pleats. So you don't have to clean your conical filters as often if at all. I did testing with these dry wraps on my Mustang GT and did not observe any restriction or decrease in air mass being flowed. But if you ask my honest opinion, it's to stay with the OEM airbox and paper panel filters...

·
Super Moderator
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx. Decided to try the K&N kit. Found it on amazon.ca, same price as Steeda.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I recently cleaned my filter using the steeda cleaner and oil. From all my years using k&n filters in my cars/motorcycles and having a kit around almost all the time. I can say with confidence the 2 kits seemed identical except k&n sprays red and steeda sprays blue. Same consistency of spray oil and cleaner seemed the same. I'd say go for the k&n.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Canadian Tire........$18.49 full cleaner/oil kit. If you run out of the cleaner simple green works the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts