Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I am currently running a ProMeth nozzle #7 which if I remember is 440cc , I am going to drop down 1 size to a number #6 which is 378 cc and see what it does ….

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got it figured out had a small leak at the nozzle now my settings are back to 10psi start and 22psi full spray ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello, I am considering throwing meth on my MKZ since manifold temps a terrible at 20psi. Where did you run the line from the tank to the front? thanks

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is a big rubber grommet just behind the spare tire , I made a small hole there and it comes out above the sub frame area next to the gas tank , then I followed the fuel lines to the front and zipped tied them with small pieces of rubber hose as a buffer for no rubbing on the plastic line , I can add some pics if you need them

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice, sounds like a good path with the fuel lines. I'm trying to make my install easy to pull off the car, that way sounds easier to remove than if I were to stick the tank in the bumper or something.

There is a big rubber grommet just behind the spare tire , I made a small hole there and it comes out above the sub frame area next to the gas tank , then I followed the fuel lines to the front and zipped tied them with small pieces of rubber hose as a buffer for no rubbing on the plastic line , I can add some pics if you need them

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
that was my thought when I installed it , make it easy to remove/hide for warranty issues

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So for the past week or two my fusion has felt on the sluggish side when getting on it decided to check the methanol jet and filter on my fusion , I found the jet filter to be half way clogged with some kind of white / crunchy build up , I have only used boost juice sine day one of my methanol install , it makes me think snow performance does not use distilled water to mix there 50/50 boost juice ? I bought a new #6 jet and filter to replace the old units .

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh snap! (is that still what the kids are saying these days 🤷🏻‍♂️)
Aaanyway.... I recently switched my jets around after several thousand miles and the filter/mesh was completely clean running 100% methanol. So I think ur assumption of the water being the culprit might be valid? (YMMV)

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I will now be switching to 100% Methanol after this learning experience

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
LMS does not support Methanol tunes unless they install there kit , I run the 93 tune with no added tuning/adjustment for the methanol , I am sure there is some power to be had from fine tuning but I would have to switch to unleashed tuning to get it done , for me the methanol is a safety net for the desert heat here in Las vegas

Reactions: blackhawk77

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hootushead what are you paying for your methanol 5gal bucket ?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Its called M1 Methanol correct ?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
did you have to adjust your jetting after you started running 100% methanol ?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
okay cool I currently have a #6 jet installed , just got the 5gal M1 methanol gonna switch to 100% tonight and see what happens ..

Reactions: Hootushead
21 - 40 of 61 Posts