1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
****, 108 trap? That's impressive

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yeaaaa budddy... they're working on the tweak tune for that. I know there is a few guys on FB group that are running his tune.

·
Registered
89 Posts
what was the 60 ft on that run - with that high of a trap it must have been over 2 - Our best trap is 107.4 but we did not have our best ET due to a 60 foot of 2.05 - Best run was 60 FT of 1.84 - with DA of 346 ET 12.54 Trap 105.7 - but if you ran in Dallas area I am sure the DA was not great and that is nice to see --it seemed to maintain power thru the run - and that has been our issue running in heat and humidity here in NE - good 60ft pretty good 1/8 and then it goes to crap on the back end.
Side note - saw one of the fastest STOCK sedans - 2017 BMW M5 - ET 11.29 Trap 132.8 Kicked a Hellcats Butt

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
@Fast Gal his 60' was 1.91 in not the greatest DA. He's in the Deep South

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is interesting for sure -with a 60ft below 2 and 108 trap - I would have thought his ET would have been around 12.6 -sounds like maybe a lag in shift points - since it did not lose power at the back end and got off the line well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's the slip from the SSI tuning website. Freaking impressive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our Da on this run was 2700+with 97% humidity..87°.. Shifts we're very firm..I think I lost a tenth in the first 60' spinning through it!..lol..Which would translate to 2-3 tenths on the big end..Would love to see the 12.54 timeslip..If nothing else just to compare 60'-330'-1/8+mph..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Our Da on this run was 2700+with 97% humidity..87°.. Shifts we're very firm..I think I lost a tenth in the first 60' spinning through it!..lol..Which would translate to 2-3 tenths on the big end..Would love to see the 12.54 timeslip..If nothing else just to compare 60'-330'-1/8+mph..
enoel, does SSi have a race tune as well?

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you Google SSI tunes, a suggested search comes up "SSI Blown Engine"
Reading a little over on the SHO forums I didn't get the impression
SSI is well liked.

But there's the old saying, don't believe everything you read...

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Yes, be warned before everyone runs out to get the newest fastest tune. SSI has a reputation of running engines really hard. You get a very fast tune, sure, but you also get a higher risk of blowing your engine. I'm not saying they are bad per se, but that speed comes at a cost.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
This post pretty much sums it up. It's not that SSI's tune is necessarily worse than the others, but more power=more stress.

BLOWN ENGINES

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm ok with giving up a couple of tenths or mph in the name of reliability.

My Sport is a daily driver, which has a bunch more power because of my Unleashed Tune. That's all I ever wanted.

It may go to the track just for the heck of it, but that's the extent for me. It's not a race car. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Reaction is not just because of the tune.

·
Registered
177 Posts
what was the 60 ft on that run - with that high of a trap it must have been over 2 - Our best trap is 107.4 but we did not have our best ET due to a 60 foot of 2.05 - Best run was 60 FT of 1.84 - with DA of 346 ET 12.54 Trap 105.7 - but if you ran in Dallas area I am sure the DA was not great and that is nice to see --it seemed to maintain power thru the run - and that has been our issue running in heat and humidity here in NE - good 60ft pretty good 1/8 and then it goes to crap on the back end.
Side note - saw one of the fastest STOCK sedans - 2017 BMW M5 - ET 11.29 Trap 132.8 Kicked a Hellcats Butt
Of course if all you're looking for is the fasted sedan stock in the 1/4 mile, I suspect that's still the Tesla 100 in Ludicrous mode at 10.52 seconds.

·
Registered
405 Posts
This post pretty much sums it up. It's not that SSI's tune is necessarily worse than the others, but more power=more stress.

BLOWN ENGINES
While more power = more stress, the HP difference between an LMS or Unleashed tune to this wouldnt be enough to cause any sort of concern. For me when I saw this thread I wondered (silently) if they were pushing the tune too far. Tuning a motor is a balancing act, getting the right AF, Timing, Temperatures takes a lot of work. Ford would give this car a very conservative tune, designed to make the motor last longer and meet emissions. Most after market tunes try to keep the engine reliable while taking away the emissions and upping some of the power Ford left on the table. LMS and Unleashed tend to run very similar times and both are very reputable tuners, I would imagine they came to very similar tunes by just following some common sense regarding safe tuning practices. To see such a drastic Trap speed increase would indicate a drastic HP increase, something that I feel in order to achieve would mean pushing the car to levels LMS/Unleashed are not comfortable doing for a reason. The harder you push a tune without proper supporting mods, the higher the risk for engine damage becomes.

Anyone who has ever blown up an engine before will tell you the same story. Right before their motor blew, the car was pulling harder and faster than any other time.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sigh all you want.. in a perfect world where there isn't heat soak, lousy tires, driver mod, high heat/humidity, elevation differences.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts