Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know where they got the 3 star passenger frontal crash rating. I found this on U-Tube video:
Frontal crash test for 2017 Ford Fusion

Overall Rating: 5-Star
Frontal Crash Rating: 4-Star
Side Crash Rating: 5-Star

NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) frontal impact:
Crash test dummies representing an average-sized adult male and a small-sized adult female are placed in the driver and front passenger seats, respectively, and are secured with seat belts. Vehicles are crashed into a fixed barrier at 35 mph (56.3km/h), which is equivalent to a head-on collision between two similar vehicles each moving at 35 mph. 1 star is the lowest rating; 5 stars is the highest. More stars equal safer cars.

Frontal Barrier Crash Rating
Driver (Male): 5-Star
Passenger (Female) : 5-Star

Side Barrier Rating
Driver Front Seat (Male): 5-Star
Passenger Rear Seat (Female): 5-Star

Side Pole Rating, Driver Front Seat (Female): 5-Star
Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings
Front Seat Rating: 5-Star
Rear Seat Rating: 5-Star

Rollover Rating: 4-Star
Risk of Rollover: 10.9%

Actually quite a safe car IMO.

·
Registered
320 Posts
So they had it for a week and didn't bother to open the manual and see how to use the lane assist etc. It takes about 3 minutes to find, read and action the process.

The error in the crash test results really cements that they did little to no fact checking.

Reactions: dlm1984 and 1153

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not familiar with New York Daily news. I originally assumed, and it may be, a large media outlet. But this review had small time internet reviewer written all over it. I think the concept of male/female review was neat though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What caught me off is the whole "over a decade old"... over and over.

Mustang is over 50 years old... point? They may have gotten confused and thought there were no redesigns. The TAURUS on the other hand is about a decade old with no major redesign.

But yes, other than the flaws in the article, I do like the spousal/husband reviews. Pretty neat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts