Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Potential new owner here. Have a couple of concerns & your answers will help be decide between a 2017 sport & 2018 titanium.

Sport - suede seats. I have a dog, car will be half his. I like to wear jeans. We like our hikes & beach days. Will I regret it? Dealership doesn't offer a scotch guarding treatment service but they can connect me w/a detailing shop. Good enough? Something I would have to do regularly?

Titanium - cant find a new titanium to test drive (weird, I know) but I have tested driven an SE w/the same engine. Is that handling the same?

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a 2014 Titanium FWD and now have a 2017 Sport.

I liked the leather surfaces in my 14, but I think I prefer the hybrid seats found in the Sport because they are a little grippier and don't get as hot in the sun. I highly recommend getting the cooled seat option as it does improve the comfort, especially on longer trips (when they work properly). However, I'm not sure how they'll look after years of use - I work a blue collar job, so a seat cover is on my driver's seat during the week. Some guys have reported good luck with the Chemical Guys waterproofer/stain protector treatment and it's not that expensive. However, you will spend a little more effort keeping the interior nice, especially if you have a shedding breed.

Handling between the SE and Titanium should be similar. I think the Ti is a little heavier, may have a little better sound dampening, and often wears larger wheels (18, 19 optional) which will affect the handling a little, but it's not a night and day difference.

However, the Sport is noticeably better on rough roads than my Titanium was, despite both wearing 19" wheels. The adaptive damping does work - it's not quite as good as I hoped, but it's quite noticeable. The AWD calibration is improved according to people who had other AWD Fusions, although I can't comment since I had the FWD before.

Any other questions?

·
Registered
868 Posts
How could you forget about the Sport engine! I'll take a 325 HP V6 over a 240 HP I4 any day!
Then there's this ^^^

If you have a lead foot, you have to drive them both. The Titanium is really nice and acceleration is very respectable but the Sport puts a grin on your face everytime you put your foot into it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I test drove an AWD Titanium before the Sport and it rode nice and had awesome seats and what not. The 2.0 ecoboost had plenty of power. HOWEVER after I test drove the Sport it was no contest. Granted I have a base sport, and I test drove a loaded out Titanium but the Sport just felt better on the road. Plus the 325hp 2.7 ecoboost is just not in the same ballpark as the 2.0. I say go Sport but can't go wrong with either model

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'd agree you couldn't go wrong with either. I really liked the Titanium but the power in the Sport had me at the first on ramp!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a titanium pull around me into a lane that merged right after the light much to his surprise I left him in the dust. He caught up to me at the next light and signaled he wanted to go again and the look on his face was priceless when I pulled on him like he was standing still again. Get a seat cover for the back for the dogs and get the sport with a tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unless performance doesn't matter get the sport hands down. The ride is amazing but the power is unbelievable, especially with a simple tune on it. 4.xx second 0-60 cmon!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx for the input. Ordered a 2018 Sport today. Looking forward to it...

Reactions: Fozzy

·
Registered
451 Posts
Funny you ask this...

I had a 2016 Loaner SE with the 2.0 Ecoboost turbo. Had to get last minute Door sills installed and Window replaced due to scratches on the lot. they couldn't do it on a saturday.

In the 2.0 Ecoboost, I felt like the engine and transmission was very loud, and the transmission shifting felt harsh. Also the sport was a lot smoother all around.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Guys,

Potential new owner here. Have a couple of concerns & your answers will help be decide between a 2017 sport & 2018 titanium.

Sport - suede seats. I have a dog, car will be half his. I like to wear jeans. We like our hikes & beach days. Will I regret it? Dealership doesn't offer a scotch guarding treatment service but they can connect me w/a detailing shop. Good enough? Something I would have to do regularly?

Titanium - cant find a new titanium to test drive (weird, I know) but I have tested driven an SE w/the same engine. Is that handling the same?

Thanks!
I have two wild ***boxer mix puppies. I just ordered a sling for them that completely covers the back seat area so their talons don't puncture my seats lol. I'll try posting a few pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts