Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took possession of my new 2017 Fusion Sport and I'm loving it. One question: I purchased it with the $2,000 Sport Upgrade Package that's supposed to include ambient lighting and there are no ambient lights. Am I missing something? Every article I've read lists ambient lights as a feature included in the Sport Upgrade Package. Anyone else have this issue? Did something change with that package configuration?

·
Registered
246 Posts
its a setting in the options menu, scroll all the way to the right. tap a color and it will activate it as the ambient lighting color. and BTW just in case you are not aware, ambient interior lights are only on when the headlights are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it

There you go... the setting on my touchscreen had the ambient light grayed out because the headlights were off. :laugh:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm guessing what you're calling the Sport Upgrade Package is what we know as the 401A equipment group. Yeah, as you figured out the headlights have to be on, you can't see the light during the day so it's off!

Welcome and enjoy the car! The 401A package was my #1 required option, after that cooled seats were the only other requirement, but I found one with a moonroof as well, so I brought it home anyway. :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm going to order 401A and the cooled seats as well, not paying for a moonroof, it'll be lighter anyway.
All the Sports around me have the moonroof, I'd like to get the newest build date anyway to hopefully avoid the
current issues that seem to be with late 2016 builds.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There you go... the setting on my touchscreen had the ambient light grayed out because the headlights were off. :laugh:
Where is this feature?

I have the 401a as well.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Where is this feature?

I have the 401a as well.
2nd page under options/settings (when looking at the touch screen the option all the way on the bottom right then one page over) doing this form memory lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm going to order 401A and the cooled seats as well, not paying for a moonroof, it'll be lighter anyway.
All the Sports around me have the moonroof, I'd like to get the newest build date anyway to hopefully avoid the
current issues that seem to be with late 2016 builds.
That's the route I took. All the Ruby Red FuSpos around here had them and, being 6'6, I needed the headroom.

·
Registered
120 Posts
2nd page under options/settings (when looking at the touch screen the option all the way on the bottom right then one page over) doing this form memory lol

Some SERIOUS LOL, i never knew that page was there...>.>

Too bad the Illuminated entrance panels I had installed aren't linked..that'd be really cool.

·
Registered
402 Posts
That's the route I took. All the Ruby Red FuSpos around here had them and, being 6'6, I needed the headroom.
I couldn't wait for a build so I had a dealer swap from three states away just to get one with the 401(A) and no moon roof. Ended up paying more just to not get the moonroof. I thought I needed the headroom too, but the car has good headroom either way.

However, I think it is silly to have a moonroof on a performance car. People rip out their 40 lbs mufflers which is low to the ground and nicely balanced with the rest of the car and ignore the fact that twice that weight is right over their heads making the car top heavy.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I love my roof and have it open as much as possible.
Dave, although it's too late for me, I'm curious, how noisy is the moonroof when open. I've had moonroofs before and really liked them, but on my last car(2011 Malibu LTZ V6) it was painfully noisy and I never used it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered my Sport without the moonroof but didn't expect that to exclude the built-in garage door opener feature (Homelink). On my wife's 2014 Escape, also without the moonroof, Homelink is included. A few days after getting my car, I wanted to setup my radio presets and program my garage door and was frustrated in not finding the Homelink buttons.
A closer look at the Ford configuration for the Fusion shows that it was only available with the moonroof option.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ordered my Sport without the moonroof but didn't expect that to exclude the built-in garage door opener feature (Homelink). On my wife's 2014 Escape, also without the moonroof, Homelink is included. A few days after getting my car, I wanted to setup my radio presets and program my garage door and was frustrated in not finding the Homelink buttons.
A closer look at the Ford configuration for the Fusion shows that it was only available with the moonroof option.
yeah, this is the other impossibly stupid packaging decision on the fusion... the other thing that piiiissed me off, along with the heated steering wheel coming with all that expensive drivers assist crap. Funny how they include that with all the garbage that helps people take their hands off the wheel... In the MKZ there is a "climate package" for like 700 bucks with all the warmed and cooled things. perfect package. idk about the garage door buttons in the mkz though.

meanwhile most base model pieces of garbage from GM since 2006 have had the garage buttons in them as standard.

saved my solid roof, money, and weight and just bought a clip-on opener, stupid as it may look.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I did see that on the build website, I can't believe you have to have a moonroof to get the homelink.
Guess I'll have to get a new garage door opener.
I added this to my 5 year old garage door openers for under a hundred bucks. Now I am notified when the kiddos leave it open and I can control it's operation from anywhere as long as I have my phone. Was simple to install - 10 minutes after reading the instructions (5 minutes). My openers where "IQ" but the system works. Note: I found the system on Amazon for much less than retail which is advertised on the Chamberlain site.

MyQ Garage Door Opener Products - Chamberlain

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lol sunroofs/moonroofs. I work out side all day everyday. Last thing I want is the sun baking me on the inside of my car.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I added this to my 5 year old garage door openers for under a hundred bucks. Now I am notified when the kiddos leave it open and I can control it's operation from anywhere as long as I have my phone. Was simple to install - 10 minutes after reading the instructions (5 minutes). My openers where "IQ" but the system works. Note: I found the system on Amazon for much less than retail which is advertised on the Chamberlain site.

MyQ Garage Door Opener Products - Chamberlain
There is one that opens automatically based on the proximity of your phone as well. I cannot find the brand/model right now but saw it a few months ago. I have an August deadbolt on my front door that does the same thing. It works really well and it is great to not have to carry keys.

·
Registered
624 Posts
meanwhile most base model pieces of garbage from GM since 2006 have had the garage buttons in them as standard.
I most have got screwed, 2011 top of the Malibu LTZ with moonroof, but no garage buttons.

I agree with poor packaging options. This is pretty common among all automakers in my opinion though. In case of the Sport the heated steering wheel should have been more available.

I have my opener clipped in side door pocket, works well for me and is out of sight.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I love my roof and have it open as much as possible.
I'm glad you get use out of yours. I'm a just few hours south of you and didn't feel like I used it very often, but I do kind of miss having one.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 19 of 19 Posts