Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to go into settings and individually select "Sport" for the steering feel in non-sport mode? It shows it as a selectable parameter under Adaptive Steering in the Driver Assist menu (page 100 in my owners manual). Or is it one of the things that didn't make the cut for production, because I don't see that as an adjustment in my menu. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The steering response is not a separate setting in the cars for North America. There are a few settings like this that vary by market or are changed between printing the user guide and shipping. Some of these restrictions may have to do with regulation, others with marketing, still others with cost. Another setting is ability to use fog lights with high beams. Basically, I want an expert mode where I can configure as many details as possible!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah l read that and found it to not be possible as well. there are a couple things incorrect in the manual. Another error I found, at least in a copy I downloaded from Ford's website while waiting for mine to come in, is that in sport mode while using paddle shifters it warned that it WOULD NOT upshift for you at redline.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Hmmmmm, I can adjust the steering feel in my mustang so I know its possible in some Ford cars. I have 3 settings to choose from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Methinks too many UNsafe settings available, so factory limits for "lowest common denominator" users. However, "depowering" the power steering boost should be doable, incrementally with different software steering "boost" settings. Therefore "better" road feel available with software only changes, imo?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The edge sport allows you to select normal and sport for the adaptive steering. I was surprised to see that was not an option in the fusion sport.

It seems they wanted the S button to be the all encompassing sport mode and not allow users to select some of the sport features in drive such as sport steering in D.

Reactions: V8FlatHead

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you, 01Cobra! That is probably because Ford robotics subsystem engineers have not had time to determine what other settings are "safe." Lots of software tweaking now available in steering and suspension just as engine parameters have been "upgradeable" for many years now. Wonderful news!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts