Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am driving a 15 Mustang GT that has several performance modification done (Tune, intake & exhaust). The car is very quick and I get a smile on my face every time I start it up.

I am trying to be a grown up and lower my monthly car bill by Leasing a Fusion Sport. I test drove one today and It just feels like it is lacking in the power department.

My plan is to tune and possible put an intake to bump the output up. Usually before I buy a car I have watched every review on YouTube, read every article and have a mod list ready to go. This decision just came up yesterday so I have done zero research on what mods are best.

I am taking delivery this weekend and would love some guidance on what the best tune/intake combo is and what type of gains I can expect.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Intakes are not available yet, but there are a few tuners out there. Unleashed and LME tend to be the main 2 tuning companies with work done. We are all waiting on more mods to come out. There are some people who have done exhaust jobs as well.

There are several threads on here regarding all of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intakes are not available yet, but there are a few tuners out there. Unleashed and LME tend to be the main 2 tuning companies with work done. We are all waiting on more mods to come out. There are some people who have done exhaust jobs as well.

There are several threads on here regarding all of it.
Thanks for your reply...What kinda of power are the 93 tunes putting out?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am taking delivery this weekend and would love some guidance on what the best tune/intake combo is and what type of gains I can expect.
There are no intake tubes or intercooler at this time. There are throttle bodies (don't remember who, sorry), throttle spacers and cold air intake available (Steeda). There is a forum here on installing the CAI and look at Ricochet's exhaust build. DaveE is running 13.2 with a drop in AFE air filter and a Livernois 93V5 tune. Stock is around 13.6-7. Some prefer a tune by Torrie. YMMV cockerdogs:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I just traded my 14 GT that's laid down 600 to the wheels and youll happy with the Sport after you get it tuned. Don't get me wrong, I still miss the 600 tire burning kicking the rear out HP, but a more door car makes my life a little easier.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had a mid 11 sec 125mph 1/4 13 Mustang - The sport is no Mustang but with a tune is still fun - just wish it was manual - We are shooting for high 12 this year at about 107 - The main issue with go fast in mostly front wheel drive will be traction causing wheel hop - On the Mustang same issue on rear but a set of Quick Time Pros and new suspension and problem fixed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Currently I am driving a 15 Mustang GT that has several performance modification done (Tune, intake & exhaust). The car is very quick and I get a smile on my face every time I start it up.

I am trying to be a grown up and lower my monthly car bill by Leasing a Fusion Sport. I test drove one today and It just feels like it is lacking in the power department.

My plan is to tune and possible put an intake to bump the output up. Usually before I buy a car I have watched every review on YouTube, read every article and have a mod list ready to go. This decision just came up yesterday so I have done zero research on what mods are best.

The dealership more than likely only had low grade 87 in the tank, so just filling it up with 93 makes a noticeable difference in the low end and top end. I believe Ford says the Sport is supposed to have very similar 1/4 numbers as a GT with auto trans so that might serve as a comparison for you.

Reactions: MattQ and 1153

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome. I traded a 15 GT w/6spd. I'm having some issues where driving a heavy-clutched standard was getting difficult. My sport has the tune from Torrie and I'm quite happy with it. My thoughts are the car is quicker than the GT in many instances just because of the awd and it really is a quick car. On the other-hand, it does not have the absolute grunt or primal delivery the Coyote motor does. I miss slamming a 1-2 shift and having the car do a little (your results may vary) wiggle, but I am overall quite happy.

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
BTW- if you had the Performance Package with the Brembo brakes, the FuSpo will not exactly impress you. They aren't bad in my opinion, but damnit Detroit build a fast car, put better brakes on it.... gees

·
Registered
331 Posts
There's a lot of electronic nannies on the FuSpo from the factory to keeps the car from making a large amount of torque in lower gears (and vehicle speed). A tune fixes a lot of that.

Me personally, I'm waiting for turbo and intercooler upgrades, along with a nice exhaust system (downpipe, high-flow cats, exhaust, mufflers), and possible intake upgrade... From there, I'd like to find a way to upgrade the brakes (there's brackets made for the STI that will convert a CTS-V Brembo kit to work, so there's hope for making something work), and possibly look into water-meth injection if for no other reason than to keep the engine cool (this **** thing runs hot!). Pipe dream at the moment though...

·
Registered
481 Posts
with a livernois tune on 93 octane its roughly 400 crank hp and 460 crank torque. One thing to remember these cars stock will do 1.9 60' so they feel like a monster on the streets, gotta love AWD.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome! I've been told by several reps at the dealership that the car will progressively get faster once its done "breaking in"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome!!

I will give you a little insight on how quick the fusion can be with a 93 Tune.

My brother in Law has a Charger 2016 Charger RT. Exhaust and intake. We did a few roll races and a few dig races, each time we raced. I IMMEDIATELY pulled away him like he was sitting still. From a dig and a little break boost, it was embarrassing. I was gone.

I messed with a 2007 trail blazer SS with full exhaust, intake and a I believe he said it was tuned. Not sure if true or not, but I spanked him, bad. From a dig and a roll he could not touch me.

The car is super quick man. The AWD makes it fee like a scary monster on a launch once its tuned. I think you will be pleasantly happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts