Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone else think this is weird? Seems like this should have been released months ago-
Some of the quick write ups yesterday mention that the car isn't out yet! Someone said it before, the marketing of this car is lacking. I don't think most people know it's even for sale. Still cool btw to finally have the Sport button info- better late than never.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've put 2,300 miles on my Sport over the past month -- a mix of highway, city, and twisty rural roads. This description of the sport mode matches my experience, (though I haven't played with the paddle shifters). One thing I've found is that the car is very quiet at steady speed on the highway. Ford says the car (Sport and Platinum only?) incorporates adaptive noise reduction (like noise cancelling headphones) that is turned off in the Sport mode. That seems to be the case -- it doesn't sound like the fake "V8" sound in the EcoBoost Mustang. They seem to let more of the actual drive train sound into the cabin, and cancel much of it out in the normal mode.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ford says the car (Sport and Platinum only?) incorporates adaptive noise reduction (
Noise control is on the Sport, Energi, and Hybrid. It's not on the 2.0 Platinum. I almost purchased an Energi Platinum but the very small trunk was an issue. So I ordered my Sport. Both were "fun" to drive but for very different reasons. The 2017 Energi Platinum is the quietest/smoothest car I have ever driven.
-Lee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paddle shifters???

I have a dumb question. My car automatically switches to paddle shifters when in sport mode. I know there are settings in place to shift the motor at 6k rev limit. Is it ok to drive without using paddle shifters or is this frowned upon?

Truly dislike the paddle shifters, ford really missed the bar with that feature.

·
Registered
186 Posts
. . . My car automatically switches to paddle shifters when in sport mode. . .
I'm not sure what you mean by "automatically switches." I drive in Sport mode about half the time, and have never touched the paddles. Sport mode definitely shifts at higher RPMs (so maybe you just got impatient), but still works as an automatic until you start using the paddles. My BMW behaved the same way -- move the shifter to the left and it changed to Sport mode, but until you manually select a different gear it was still an automatic. I probably played with the manual mode twenty times over twelve years, and I'll play with the Sport's paddles to get a feel for how they work, but don't expect to use them other than occasionally for "entertainment."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts