Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who own the vehicle, have you noticed Sport mode having an adverse effect on fuel economy. Not talking about mashing the accelerator pedal while in sport mode but just standard driving.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
In my normal driving I don't put it in sport mode so I can't really say, but I would assume it does affect the gas mileage because it will hold gears longer and be at higher rpms.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would think it would be negligible. Yes, it holds gears longer but under normal driving it recognizes your not driving aggressively pretty quickly and upshifts to the gear normal mode would have been in. In typical commuting I too drive in normal, but solely for the softer ride. Unless of course I'm late for work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm always in sport due to the curved roads I drive. I get 21.3 MPG, but my commute is 3 lights and 1 stop sign in 25 miles.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Pretty sure sport mode always keeps you one extra gear down, I dont think it will ever let the car go into 6th gear for example on the highway. If that is the case, then yes you would definitely see less MPG.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pretty sure sport mode always keeps you one extra gear down, I dont think it will ever let the car go into 6th gear for example on the highway. If that is the case, then yes you would definitely see less MPG.
I have to agree with the one gear down based on what I have seen. It also holds all gears longer even at light throttle. So yes on less MPG...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts