Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
What size is the pipe going into the big muffler in the back is it 2 1/2 inches. Thanks and What size is going into the exhaust tips.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Pretty sure it is 2.25" from down pipes back to muffler. Not sure about the outlets on muffler.

Reactions: Bmckee40

·
Registered
333 Posts
What size is the pipe going into the big muffler in the back is it 2 1/2 inches. Thanks and What size is going into the exhaust tips.
The only place where the stock piping is 2.5" is from the muffler outlets to the tips. Everywhere else it's 2.25".

Reactions: Oreo and Bmckee40

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks all. Really appreciate it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I guess I have to decide if I really want an exhaust.
Next week I'm headed to China for a week, January I'm headed to China for 3 weeks, I fly out of
the Cleveland airport which is about 5 miles from Berea where Crosa is located.
My car is just going to be sitting at the airport for the time I'm gone.
Guess I could park it at Corsa just as easily.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Once I saw how large that rear muffler was, that was the first thing to go. Muffler shop that did my exhaust mod was surprised that a muffler that large was on a car. Probably saved a few pounds in the process, which in and of itself should be good for some kind of minimal hp gain, but at least that boat anchor of a muffler is gone, and it's got a good sound now.

And I'll reiterate for those contemplating doing an axle-back with just pipes: be ready to order some mufflers to put back there, because IT WILL DRONE, regardless of what others have said...their videos may not show it, but have them do a recording at a constant rpm level for several minutes, say between 2000-2500 rpms, and then say it doesn't drone. Most of these axle backs sound decent when accelerating, but hold them at a constant rpm level, and not so much...
You aren't gaining horsepower, but by reducing weight, the horsepower you already have will be utilized more efficiently and effectively. That's why reducing weight and rotational weight, lighter wheels, makes your car faster because the power it's making isn't being wasted moving excess mass.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Contacted Corsa Performance. I have used their products on many of my BMW cars. Nice stuff all stainless.NO drone !
John Oravec from TMG/ Corsa got back to me in a day via Email. He had sent me a site for people that are interested is exhaust system upgrades. If the demand is there ,Corsa will look into making something for out cars. They have had some people already looking for exhaust. They make a cat-back system for a Taurus already, looks nice and sounds good. If you have some time send in the request. OR the phone number is 440-274-5083 John Oravec.
Vehicle Development Our wheelbase is 112.2 .I am looking to take my car to Cleveland OH for their dyno if they take on the project. As I said they make GREAT stuff..Check out there website Corsa Performance
To bad nothing came from this. Corsa does make nice exhaust systems.

301 - 307 of 307 Posts