Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having issues and at a loss. I currently have a tune from unleashed and even with the governor off it will only let me max out at 140pmh. Any ideas or suggestions I’m all ears! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
I’m having issues and at a loss. I currently have a tune from unleashed and even with the governor off it will only let me max out at 140pmh. Any ideas or suggestions I’m all ears! Thank you

I dont think he automatically removes speed limiter. You have to request it specifically

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me. We been back and forth trying to figure this out. Has sent me few revised tunes trying to figure out why I can’t get passed factory governor

·
Registered
72 Posts
Trust me. We been back and forth trying to figure this out. Has sent me few revised tunes trying to figure out why I can’t get passed factory governor

Just out of curiosity, why and where are you traveling over 140 mph?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had same issue with unleashed tune, I noticed this when racing a STI and was governed at 160km/h up in Canada. I think he limits at 160mph which is 257km/h but never though I was in km's I texted him and sent me a speed tune which now has it lifted. Tuning by James has it perfect he must just lift it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’m with the honorable Judge Elihu Smails... 😂
When are you rolling over 140mph? It’s easy to jump up over 100 but you gotta be tryin’ to get up to those kinda speeds. But like he said, not “judging” just curious how much more fun other people are having than myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could be argued that 138 is too much but what’s the point of having a vehicle and not testing it to it’s boundaries. Why do people get their cars tuned? The truth is..why not lol. Anyways doesn’t seem like anyone really knows why...and it’s bizarre that my car is the only car Torrie has tuned that the governor can’t be adjusted.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well, damnit... Now I gotta find out if mine goes over 140mph. I guess Ive always been more of an acceleration junky than a top speed guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts