Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit the track tonight and only got to runs before someones oil pan gave up. Both run were pretty much 9 flat at 77mph. Both runs were against a Lincoln MkS. He ran 8.49 and 8.69 @ 83.6 and 83. I talked to him after and he told me the only thing he's done is a tune. he said he ran 9 flat @ 77 (familiar) stock. He then said he is on the 2nd round of tuning, and that he didn't like the current one. That made me feel a lot better.

Anyway, on the way home after the semi disappointing end to the evening, i came across what i THOUGHT was a WRX STI. It was debadged, and it had a STI spoiler, so i made an assumption. Well, that assumption must've been wrong, because after whooping him from a roll AND a dig, he refused to believe i only had a filter upgrade. He told me he was gonna go home and cry.

All in all, I ended the night with a smile, and great anticipation for my tune. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice. Not sure how true this is, but the salesman who sold me my fusion had the Lincoln MKS with the 3.5L TT V6. He claimed with just a tune he ran 11.8 at the drag strip. Also your numbers are pretty **** promising. I just found some of my old slips from when I raced my Cobalt. This was one of them.

2006 Cobalt SS/SC GM Stage 2

60 ft - 2.1954
1/8 ET - 9.072
1/8 MPH - 79.81
1/4 ET - 13.9154
1/4 MPH - 102.73

So i think you would be touching 13s. ET and Traps are pretty close at the 1/8th.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
need to see time slip or it didn't happen. lol just messin.. how did you launch. did you use the paddles.
I used the paddles against the WRX from a roll so i could launch at 4-4.5k rpm. It still shifts for you when you hit the limiter, so all i used them for was the downshift. Other than that, it's faster to let the car shift on its own.

Don't laugh at my reaction time. First time actually launching from a tree.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, the Subie did hang with me up to the posted speed, but i pulled harder out of the hole. I think i had a car on him each time. I imagine he might have caught up if we had kept going, but that would be street racing which is illegal and unsafe. I was just proving my car was at less risk of being rear ended than his. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah. That's pretty much impossible. My SHO did 12.5 with a dynotune (from Livernois) and catless down pipes. Nobody did better w/o using corn or meth.
Ive seen videos of F150s running 12.5 with just a tune. Id imagine those weight a bit more than a SHO.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sounds like he would run 13.4s in the qtr, which is what I figured a tuned sport would run.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isn't the record holder SHO right around that time with 600hp? I doubt that MkS was matching a 600 pony SHO. The one i raced was pulling hard on top, but not 600hp hard.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't know but it's crying for a tune. I did have a little fun at stop lights today,with about a 10 foot rollout then hammer down it will pull hard. Just need a tune to complete the package.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know but it's crying for a tune. I did have a little fun at stop lights today,with about a 10 foot rollout then hammer down it will pull hard. Just need a tune to complete the package.
Absolutely. While i doubt a tune will get us in the 11s like that dealer claims, the MkS knocked half a second off in the 1/8, with most of his gain coming in the top of the track, so id say he would have gained over a second in the 1/4. He was haulin.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
hey ? for ya BOT_ROCKET. Do you happen to know what year Subie?

·
Registered
624 Posts
For comparison sake regarding the WRX here's a quote from Motortrend regarding 2015 Wrx(not STI)

"The best we could get out of the WRX from 0 to 60 mph was 5.4 seconds. (Rumors persist that if you launch the thing at 7000 rpm and let the tach bang off the rev-limiter in second, you can get to 60 mph in under 5 seconds, but that doesn’t seem very real world to us.) "

Another poster said wrx 0-60 5.0s, not sure I've seen this recently in stock form from reputable source. For some reason I want to believe I've read the subie has gotten a tad slower in last model year or two.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For comparison sake regarding the WRX here's a quote friend's tortrend regarding 2015 Wrx(not STI)

"The best we could get out of the WRX from 0 to 60 mph was 5.4 seconds. (Rumors persist that if you launch the thing at 7000 rpm and let the tach bang off the rev-limiter in second, you can get to 60 mph in under 5 seconds, but that doesn’t seem very real world to us.) "

Another poster said wrx 0-60 5.0s, not sure I've seen this recently in stock form from reputable source. For some reason I want to believe I've read the subie has gotten a tad slower in last model year or two.
My guess is that it was a regular turbo WRX with a STI spoiler. I drove a friend's 04 STI back in the day and there is no way they slowed down so much that a stock 4000# Sedan would beat it from a dig and 40mph roll.

·
Banned
249 Posts
My guess is that it was a regular turbo WRX with a STI spoiler. I drove a friend's 04 STI back in the day and there is no way they slowed down so much that a stock 4000# Sedan would beat it from a dig and 40mph roll.
well stock for stock, the Fusion has it beat hugely in the numbers game (hp/tq).

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well stock for stock, the Fusion has it beat hugely in the numbers game (hp/tq).
Well, i looked at the #s, and was kinda surprised. The STI has 1lb per hp advantage, but the FuSpo has 1lb per ft/lb advantage. I assume the Subaru has some nannies in place now as well unlike the old one which felt like getting rear ended when you dropped the clutch.

Im still not convinced it was an STI, but maybe its not as far fetched as i thought if he was a bad driver.

·
Banned
249 Posts
from a 65 roll on the highway, a new STI couldn't leave me, we stayed in same position the whole time to about 115, but the tuned Evo X left us in the dust...This was prior to me being tuned though. Since the FS is lighter and better #s in stock form than the Edge. I'd say it's got a nice chance of surprising a lot of stock STI and EVO owners, but most STI and EVO owners aren't stock!d

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
from a 65 roll on the highway, a new STI couldn't leave me, we stayed in same position the whole time to about 115, but the tuned Evo X left us in the dust...This was prior to me being tuned though. Since the FS is lighter and better #s in stock form than the Edge. I'd say it's got a nice chance of surprising a lot of stock STI and EVO owners, but most STI and EVO owners aren't stock!d
Interesting. Maybe that's why he was so shocked, and why he said he was going home to cry. Lol!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts