Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if the drone everyone is reporting is from the resonator replacement or the muffler replacement. Can someone please clear that up for me. Please. I have a Magnaflow xpipe resonator and don't want to go through the hassle of replacement and then having to replace it back to the original resonator because of drone.
thanks for you insights.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have 3” catted downpipes. My MagnaFlow resonated X-pipe eliminated the outrageous drone that I got from an unresonated X-pipe I had installed when running the stock exhaust diameter, and muffler. After I replaced the exhaust with 2.5” and the muffler with dual Walker turbo mufflers, I had drone and resonance. I added dual Moroso Spiral-Flow resonators right behind the MagnaFlow and eliminated the drone. The resonance is still there but is at a different RPM and engine load point now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 3” catted downpipes. My MagnaFlow resonated X-pipe eliminated the outrageous drone that I got from an unresonated X-pipe I had installed when running the stock exhaust diameter, and muffler. After I replaced the exhaust with 2.5” and the muffler with dual Walker turbo mufflers, I had drone and resonance. I added dual Moroso Spiral-Flow resonators right behind the MagnaFlow and eliminated the drone. The resonance is still there but is at a different RPM and engine load point now.

OK I get that you didn't have drone with the Magnaflow xpipe resonator on the stock 2.25 pipes and OE muffler. Is this correct?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have the Magnaflow 11385 installed in place of the stock resonator and two Magnaflow 11365 mufflers in place of the one stock "water tank" muffler. I have no drone problems. I posted a video on the muffler thread.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you have plans for further exhaust mods, you might consider doing what I did, which was to get the 2.5” in/2.5” out MagnaFlow. You or your exhaust shop will need to install reducers on either end to fit up with the 2.25” stock pipe, but if you go up to 2.5” system later you’ll save having to redo that part at least.

Reactions: thelastsumurai

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport, Boomba BOV, Steeda CAI, Unleashed 93 Octane Tune, Magnaflow Performance Mufflers
5 Posts
I have the Magnaflow 11385 installed in place of the stock resonator and two Magnaflow 11365 mufflers in place of the one stock "water tank" muffler. I have no drone problems. I posted a video on the muffler thread.
Could you send a picture of the magnaflow 11385 in place of your resonator?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Best I can do for now.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Here’s a picture of mine except I’ve got Moroso Spiral Flow mufflers that killed the drone. Resonance is still an issue.

sp
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Revolver

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yes. Stock pipes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts