Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 11 years, I have not had a single ticket.

I drove a 2.4 swapped 450WHP first gen neon with a Roll cage and 5 point race harness for the seat belt, fully gutted, big tires, loud as ****, raced all the time never got a ticket.

I had a dodge dart 1.4 turbo with a big turbo and many many mods, loud as ****, raced all the time, never got a ticket.

I just turned in my 300WHP Big turbo fiesta I had for 2 and half years, raced everywhere, all the time, never a ticket.

I got my fusion sport back finally, had it for 2 months now, ( the new one, not the first one since it sat in the shop for 3 months.) I got 2 TICKETS in 3 days......One I got dropped to 1-5MPH over from doing 35 over and racing from a stop. 2nd one, messing with my brother in law in his RT charger on our way home.

Stupid stupid. Drag racing is what we both got, cop said he clocked us at almost 50MPH over the speed limit. I am **** sure we were not going that fast, but we did not go to Jail, so I wont complain. I just cant believe I got the fusion and got 2 tickets in 3 days with out a single ticket in 11 years..

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Noise canceling technology...

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
That sucks and maybe the cop thought anyone running with a dodge deserved a ticket. Lol and Im joking, but how did you do against him?
I was in that situation a few years ago and when I went to renew my license, I had to retake the driving and written exam due to the amount of points I had against me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ouch! I'd say fight it with a lawyer but the judge will see the prior ticket and still F you. The insurance company is rubbing their hands together already! lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sucks and maybe the cop thought anyone running with a dodge deserved a ticket. Lol and Im joking, but how did you do against him?
I was in that situation a few years ago and when I went to renew my license, I had to retake the driving and written exam due to the amount of points I had against me.
Lol! I beat him. I always do. I am livernoise tuned with an exhaust lol. We raced a few times on the track and I spank him everytime. He got something done and wanted to try again, and normally I never race on the street but this one time I did and we got caught. I mean we literally were in the throttle for 2 seconds and we started at 40MPH...

haha.

·
Registered
481 Posts
wow =(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Noise canceling technology...
This! I am still in awe every time when I am in Mexico :) and I hit the gas pedal and car just "whoosh" to triple digits. I got used to V8 roar but this silence is scary. I can only imagine Tesla's P90D or P100D, that acceleration must be surreal experience... (Btw my wife loves flooring the Fusion because of this, she never liked SRT though lol)

·
Registered
346 Posts
In 11 years, I have not had a single ticket.

I drove a 2.4 swapped 450WHP first gen neon with a Roll cage and 5 point race harness for the seat belt, fully gutted, big tires, loud as ****, raced all the time never got a ticket.

I had a dodge dart 1.4 turbo with a big turbo and many many mods, loud as ****, raced all the time, never got a ticket.

I just turned in my 300WHP Big turbo fiesta I had for 2 and half years, raced everywhere, all the time, never a ticket.

I got my fusion sport back finally, had it for 2 months now, ( the new one, not the first one since it sat in the shop for 3 months.) I got 2 TICKETS in 3 days......One I got dropped to 1-5MPH over from doing 35 over and racing from a stop. 2nd one, messing with my brother in law in his RT charger on our way home.

Stupid stupid. Drag racing is what we both got, cop said he clocked us at almost 50MPH over the speed limit. I am **** sure we were not going that fast, but we did not go to Jail, so I wont complain. I just cant believe I got the fusion and got 2 tickets in 3 days with out a single ticket in 11 years..
You can always ask to see the stated miles per hour that the cop said you were over they have to prove it to you if they say they clock to you. What did you get for drag racing? What state?

·
Registered
63 Posts
You're lucky you're not in jail to be honest. Here in Illinois 30 mph over can be considered a Felony if the cop is a dick about it. 50+ mph over and I think it would be instant jail especially if you're racing.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
even if not thrown in jail, that could easily be revocation of license at least. In Wisconsin, 25 over is 6 points. Reckless endangerment would be another 6, and racing is another 6. Couple that up with fines and insurance costs, and this could have been a huge mess.

In the end, I would be happy to not be in jail and have my license and move on.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here in Michigan we kind of have it easy as far as getting tickets and not going to jail/ car going to impound. But we also pay at least 2x if not more than some of you guys in insurance and registration. Even a 1-5 over ticket will skyrocket your insurance rates. I blew past a cop once at 100+ and he gave me a careless driving ticket because he didn't clock me. never mentioned jail once lol.

·
Registered
491 Posts
This! I am still in awe every time when I am in Mexico :) and I hit the gas pedal and car just "whoosh" to triple digits. I got used to V8 roar but this silence is scary. I can only imagine Tesla's P90D or P100D, that acceleration must be surreal experience... (Btw my wife loves flooring the Fusion because of this, she never liked SRT though lol)
I just watched a Motor Trend video the other day of a P100D racing the new RS7. They mentioned that the P100D brakes from 60-0 as fast as it accelerates from 0-60 (2.3 seconds) and that the acceleration from a dig is actually "jarring and unpleasant"... I would love to try it a few times to judge for myself... lol

Oh, and it ruined the Audi of course. They finished up by having it race the Porsche 911 Turbo S, exact same 1/4 mile time but the Porsche was going about 7MPH faster.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i just watched a motor trend video the other day of a p100d racing the new rs7. They mentioned that the p100d brakes from 60-0 as fast as it accelerates from 0-60 (2.3 seconds) and that the acceleration from a dig is actually "jarring and unpleasant"... I would love to try it a few times to judge for myself... Lol

oh, and it ruined the audi of course. They finished up by having it race the porsche 911 turbo s, exact same 1/4 mile time but the porsche was going about 7mph faster.
Ludicrous speed ahead Captain!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can always ask to see the stated miles per hour that the cop said you were over they have to prove it to you if they say they clock to you. What did you get for drag racing? What state?
The speed limit was 45MPH he said he clocked us at 78. I am not to worried, he gave us a huge break. I will take the fine, the ticket will be no points for me. My secret. However, i will have a fine, but it is still stupid. This is my 2nd one. My first one last week I accelerated from a light WAY to fast. and the cop said he clocked me at 81. speed was 45MPH. He wrote me a 1-5. that one was dropped. Just have to go to the court house to make it official. also my secret. But still. The point was, this fusion just moves and for some reason, it is a ticket/cop magnet lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're lucky you're not in jail to be honest. Here in Illinois 30 mph over can be considered a Felony if the cop is a dick about it. 50+ mph over and I think it would be instant jail especially if you're racing.
Very lucky indeed. The guy was really cool. I think he got nervous when I showed him my CPL because he backed up and asked where my gun was in the car. ( I didn't have it on me as I was just coming from the gym, no reason to carry it there) But I was 100% honest, told him the truth, there was no reason for us racing and it was stupid. He was really cool about everything, shook my hand and told me to keep it under control when he gave my ticket. However, It is being dropped to impeeding traffic so I will just pay a fine. Same with my brother in Law. I guess he an ass to the cop a bit other wise the ticket would have been dropped completely. But it is ok. i will take a fine any day with no points and nothing on my record.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The speed limit was 45MPH he said he clocked us at 78. I am not to worried, he gave us a huge break. I will take the fine, the ticket will be no points for me. My secret. However, i will have a fine, but it is still stupid. This is my 2nd one. My first one last week I accelerated from a light WAY to fast. and the cop said he clocked me at 81. speed was 45MPH. He wrote me a 1-5. that one was dropped. Just have to go to the court house to make it official. also my secret. But still. The point was, this fusion just moves and for some reason, it is a ticket/cop magnet lol
It use to cost me a case of long necks to get out of a ticket, but that "secret" no longer works. Over the last few years, Law Enforcement really have clamped down on a friend getting another out of a ticket. Once a ticket is processed, questions get asked if its discarded.

·
Registered
32 Posts
T My first one last week I accelerated from a light WAY to fast. and the cop said he clocked me at 81. speed was 45MPH.
Jeez! from traffic light to 81 MPH (in 45 MPH zone), man you have a heavy foot lol. I do 0-80MPH at highway on ramps and that is it.

The "thing" definitely moves....I had a bit of an race with unknown guy in a C63 AMG Merc and cop popped out of nowhere and got HIM lol, he did not suspect Fusion to be racing LMAO...got lucky that time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeez! from traffic light to 81 MPH (in 45 MPH zone), man you have a heavy foot lol. I do 0-80MPH at highway on ramps and that is it.

The "thing" definitely moves....I had a bit of an race with unknown guy in a C63 AMG Merc and cop popped out of nowhere and got HIM lol, he did not suspect Fusion to be racing LMAO...got lucky that time.
Lol, I break boosted at about 2700 RPMS and was going to run a BMW from the light. he seen the cop before me. I swear I left off after 2nd gear lol. But according to cop he clocked me at 81.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It use to cost me a case of long necks to get out of a ticket, but that "secret" no longer works. Over the last few years, Law Enforcement really have clamped down on a friend getting another out of a ticket. Once a ticket is processed, questions get asked if its discarded.
Well its not quite that simple as why I am getting out of the tickets. One is being dropped totally. One is being dropped to impeding traffic. But we will see how it goes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts